With time to left to kill we decided to walk down to Pikes Market. My little brother gave me a list of teas that he was wanting me to send back to Utah. This is when Brad meet up with us. We were able to check out the Gum Wall.
It was lunch time and the plan for the day was to hang out in Pioneer Square. I think that this was the one thing that Bradley had been waiting for all week. Our destination was Tats. Cheesesteaks..best thing in the world!
There was a surprise stop that I have been planning to take Tom as soon as I found out that he was coming out here. He works at UPS and has for years. Seattle is where UPS started in a garage or basement (can't remember) and there is a little park dedicated to this and the people that work for the company.
At this park they have hours and lock it up at night. Pioneer Square isn't the cleanest part of Seattle. There are a lot of bums and missions here. Every city has its area and its a shame that it has to be in the historical district. This is also the part of town that had all the art galleries and holds First Thursday. It was nice to go into a park in this part of town that doesn't smell like pee.
There were tables where you could go sit and spend some time. I think it would be a fun place to take a drink on hang out for awhile.
The seagull below is sitting on top of a sculpture that is dedicated to all the Seattle fire fighters that had perished in the line of duty. I didn't know that it was even there, even though I have been to this square a bunch of times. This is the area where vendors set up tents on First Thursday and I guess that it has always been covered up or that I am just not that observant.
Soon after this we headed back to Pikes and got some steak to make for dinner. I think that this vacation I have eaten too much good food. But its all good, I have earned it from all the walking around that I have done.
1 comment:
Libby, thank you so much for keeping this updated! I so enjoy reading what's going on in your lives!
Post a Comment