Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Old Gasworks..

After I had made a steak and potato dinner we decided to walk down to Gasworks Park. I have said this a million times already and will say it a million times more but this is my favorite place to go hang out. This is one place that Tom told me he wanted to go because I'm sure he has heard us talk about and I am betting has seen the pictures from my blog. I don't think that anyone could come and visit us and not go there.

We have had a dry summer and the grass is a little more crispy then the last time that we were there a week ago but it is still beautiful and a good place to be.


Brad was able to get some good photos of what people were doing in the water. One thing that we have seen a lot of up here and I don't know what it is called is where people stand on boards and paddle. Every body of water that we have visited it seems like this is the thing to do. I don't think that I would be able to handle all of the exercise that you would get and I would be stranded out in the middle of the water with no energy to return to the shore.


The weather this week has been really hot. We have been in the 80 and have had clear blue skies. Not that I am complaining or anything but I was glad that when we headed down to Gasworks that it was later in the day and there were some clouds in the sky. It makes for a much prettier photo!

Here are some silly self portraits..



The one with Tom is great! The bird on the water was just taking off when i snapped the picture. In the background is another one of those floating people I was talking about. I wish I knew what it was called.


This picture is a perfect example to see how far away the Space Needle really is compared to all of the other buildings downtown. Every time that we go there with people we hop on the tran at Westlake Center. It saves so much time and we don't have to walk threw a gross ugly part of town.


Just doing our thing..


Soon after we decided that we would walk to the top of the hill to look at the view. On nice days this park is full of people. Today wasn't an exception. We people of Seattle know that we need to get all of the sun that we can before it disappears in the winter.


These last couple of photos are ones that Bradley took of the views that we had. Like I said earlier the sky was a beautiful one and the photos were turning out amazing.


No comments: