Brad didn't get off of work until 1 so Tom and me hung around the U-District for a little killing sometime. I was looking for chipotle peppers for a recipe that I am wanting to try out so I thought that maybe I would be able to find it at Trader Joes. Tom said that he had heard about that place from a pod cast of something and has wanted to check it out. I hope that he thought it was as awesome of a place as what I think that it is. He got some of the chocolate covered fruit and it was to die for. Too yummy, it was hard to stop eating them once we had started.
When it was getting closer to when Bradley to get off we decided to go meet him. Brad was able to leave a little bit early, so we headed off to Blue C to go get some sushi. Yummy! Then we were off for our day adventure.
There is a bunch of public art all over the city. This is a fountain that is across the street from the West Lake Mall.
When I was planning on things to do while he is out here, I thought that one of the places that he would enjoy would be the EMP. This is the music/science fiction museum. The building is one of the most interesting architecture I have ever seen. Above is a picture of Brad and Tom before we went inside.
As everyone knows the music scene is Seattle is a major one. There have been a bunch of groups that got their start here. There is a permanent Jimi Hendrix exhibit.
The boys really liked the guitars that were on exhibit, well I liked the clothes that they wore.
The other show that they currently have is Nirvana:Taking punk to the masses. There was a bunch of interesting things in this show. I feel like I can relate to this show more then I could Jimi. I will say that I am disappointed that they didn't have Kurt's Danial Johnston t-shirt.

This is just a sample of the stuff that they had on display. I liked looking at the photos of them when they were younger. I always think it is funny to see people before you knew then or as in this case before they had gotten famous.
In the science fiction part of the museum they have two exhibits that are going on. One was Avatar, which might have been better if I had seen it, and the second one was Battlestar Galactica. Even though I haven't seen either of these two I did like looking at the things from battlestar.
This is just a sample of the stuff that they had on display. I liked looking at the photos of them when they were younger. I always think it is funny to see people before you knew then or as in this case before they had gotten famous.
In the science fiction part of the museum they have two exhibits that are going on. One was Avatar, which might have been better if I had seen it, and the second one was Battlestar Galactica. Even though I haven't seen either of these two I did like looking at the things from battlestar.
I have no idea what this thing is but it is my worse nightmare!
I approve!


Walking a long the water front was fun like always. I enjoy looking at the different boats that are passing threw. I think that everyone else enjoyed it also. At this point Brad took the camera to take some landscape pictures. I'll share a couple more and then I am going to have to call it a night.



We have now filled up the air mattress for Tom and I'm heading off to bed. Tomorrow is going to be another day full of adventure! Until then..
The EMP is located on the same block as the Space Needle. No trip out here is really complete unless you are able to get a photo by it. Here is some Tom taking his own picture standing by it :)
I approve!
This is a beautiful photo that I took of Tom. I am impressed with the type of photos that his iphone takes. It operates so smooth.
Today is mine and Brad's 5 year anniversary. Tom took a photo of the two of us in a little garden by the Space Needle. Man that sweatshirt makes me look chubby!
Today is mine and Brad's 5 year anniversary. Tom took a photo of the two of us in a little garden by the Space Needle. Man that sweatshirt makes me look chubby!
Once we were done with the Space Needle we headed down to the waterfront. Here we checked out the Sculpture Garden. At this time it was starting to do the famous Seattle type rain. It was a nice change after the high temps of 87 degrees that we had hit. Sunday was the hottest day of the year.
Walking a long the water front was fun like always. I enjoy looking at the different boats that are passing threw. I think that everyone else enjoyed it also. At this point Brad took the camera to take some landscape pictures. I'll share a couple more and then I am going to have to call it a night.
We have now filled up the air mattress for Tom and I'm heading off to bed. Tomorrow is going to be another day full of adventure! Until then..
No comments:
Post a Comment