Heading west on the loop trail this is one of the first scenic views that you get to see. Seattle has been having a dry summer so all of the grass that was out in the meadows was a golden yellow due to the lack of water.
These photos are for my mom! Danger shots..
We hiked down to the South Beach and walked along the water. It was very green from all of the seaweed that was washed up with the tide. The smell something else.
I wasn't daring to walk any further on this long. I am not known for my balance. I toed the green goo and it was thick. I liked the colors that it was in the water. The colors that is in the photo above is the colors that I have in my dream kitchen.
I wasn't daring to walk any further on this long. I am not known for my balance. I toed the green goo and it was thick. I liked the colors that it was in the water. The colors that is in the photo above is the colors that I have in my dream kitchen.
We walked to the base of the bluffs and checked out the crazy looking wall. It was made out of clay type rock and I can see why they have the warnings about the bluffs being unstable.
Brad is still playing around with the different settings that our camera can do. The panoramic photos that I have posted in previous blogs were doctored up in photo shop by Brad. This camera is able to just put it all together instantly.
Brad is still playing around with the different settings that our camera can do. The panoramic photos that I have posted in previous blogs were doctored up in photo shop by Brad. This camera is able to just put it all together instantly.
This is a picture of Tom recreating his training with Mr. Miyagi.


Inside Discovery Park is an area called the Historic District. This used to be an Army Base that is no more. It was a bit creepy walking threw it. I just couldn't imagine how the set up would have been. There was building that have been torn down but I still can't figure where everything would have been at. The bottom photo was taken from the chapel looking out towards the South Beach. I want to study up more on this and spend some more time when it isn't at the end of all the hiking and it being so blasted sunny.
I was finding a bunch of interesting stuff on the beach that I kept picking up whenever I saw it. I liked the rock that I found that looked like a Jesus Fish.
This is the beginning of the North Beach. It was a lot cleaner then the South Beach was and this one actually had sand. Walking on the sand is a lot harder then it looks.
This is the beginning of the North Beach. It was a lot cleaner then the South Beach was and this one actually had sand. Walking on the sand is a lot harder then it looks.
Jelly fish are the weirdest. They look like a blob of snot.
Brad is still playing around with the different setting on the camera.

Brad is still playing around with the different setting on the camera.
There was a nice older gentlemen that was walking by and offered to take a picture of all 3 of us. In the background there is a boat that Brad took a million pictures of. It reminded him of the boat that is in Jaws.
I had made a lunch for us so when we found a nice shady spot we stopped for lunch. This is the view that we had as we ate and relaxed a little bit.
I had made a lunch for us so when we found a nice shady spot we stopped for lunch. This is the view that we had as we ate and relaxed a little bit.
If you look really close on the left there is a furry friend.
As we were driving back to the U-District we had to go threw Fremont, so we took a small de-tour and went to the troll. They are doing some type of construction on the bridge so there was a bunch of construction stuff that was kind of in the way but we waited our turn and was able to get a picture of Tom standing with it.
The last photo that was take of the day was of me. By this time I was getting tired and my skin was getting a rash, like what always happens to me in the sun, so my smile isn't a really good one. At the troll I was able to show off my parallel parking skills :) This is something that I have gotten really good at doing.
Later tonight we went downtown to Cinerama to go catch a movie. The show that they had was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was actually a really good show. Better then what I thought it was going to be. I know that Brad felt the same way. I am a person that has never seen another ape movie and had no idea what the story line was for the show. This movie was made for someone like me. I was not confused at all on what was going on, thank goodness! This movie theater is my favorite in Seattle. I was glad there was a good movie that they were playing so I could take Tom there.
I've got big plans for tomorrow. Got a good surprise for Tom. This place that we are going to go is just for him! Stay tune for my next blog, don't want to ruin the surprise :)
The last photo that was take of the day was of me. By this time I was getting tired and my skin was getting a rash, like what always happens to me in the sun, so my smile isn't a really good one. At the troll I was able to show off my parallel parking skills :) This is something that I have gotten really good at doing.
Later tonight we went downtown to Cinerama to go catch a movie. The show that they had was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was actually a really good show. Better then what I thought it was going to be. I know that Brad felt the same way. I am a person that has never seen another ape movie and had no idea what the story line was for the show. This movie was made for someone like me. I was not confused at all on what was going on, thank goodness! This movie theater is my favorite in Seattle. I was glad there was a good movie that they were playing so I could take Tom there.
I've got big plans for tomorrow. Got a good surprise for Tom. This place that we are going to go is just for him! Stay tune for my next blog, don't want to ruin the surprise :)
No comments:
Post a Comment