Friday, August 26, 2011

Waiting For the Playstation..

Right now I am waiting for our Playstation to be delivered to our house. About a month ago it made a really loud POP sound and stopped working. We sent it in to get repaired and now it is on its way home. Tom and Brad have headed down to a guitar shop by our house and this is letting me catch up on blogging. I can't think of the saying right now but it was something to do with killing two birds with one stone..think that is it..anyways.

Yesterday we went up to Capital Hill to the Asian Art Museum. Brad and me are members at the SAM and we have 2 guest passes that we haven't used yet. Tom was in luck! There are a lot of really neat things in this museum and I think that I like it better then the SAM Downtown. I'm not into that abstract bull shit, which is what you see a lot of downtown. There is a lot of stuff that I look at and think I could do that. Why would anyone get paid to do that?

A lot of the art that is at the SAAM is very old stuff, but they do have a good mixture of newer Asian artwork mixed in.


There is a variety of different types of art in the museum.


This is my favorite part of the whole museum. I like looking at old dishes and there is an endless supply of dishes on display. I love these snuff bottles. They are all so different and decorated so pretty. I like the one with the monkey on it.


They had put up a new show since the last time that we were there. The photos that we took though were of things that are on permanent display.


Japaneses woodblocks..


I just like this thing, had to get a photo of it..

This below is the sign of the zodiacs in mini sculptures..

Brad is a rat.. (he he)

Libby is an Ox..

The SAAM is located in Volunteer Park in Capital Hill. After you are done with the museum there is a whole park to explore.


Tom and Bradley are sitting in front of the museum.

There is a sculpture across from the museum called the Black Sun. Great photo opp :)


The fish ponds that are located near the museum..


Also at this park they have a water tower. I have talked about it before in a previous posts. Great views and is the highest point in Capital Hill.


Here is Tom and Bradley by the water tower..


Walking to the top...there was a lot of stairs!

Views from the top.

Mount Rainer

U-District..I can see my house!

Space Needle

Below is Libby and Tom peeking out the tower.



Bradley kept yelling at me that I was in his way but I didn't know what he was talking about and I just kept looking. He was setting up the photo and I casually walked into the picture and then walked out.

This whole week in Seattle it has been so hot. We have been in the 80's the whole time and its been really sunny. I think that our whole summer has been crammed into this past week. The apartment has been super hot and the only way that we have control over the temp is by 2 floor fans. Glad that we haven't had to spend too much time here except when we come home for the night.


No comments: