Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Stroll..

We really should have been home cleaning the bathroom and getting our laundry washed but who can resist the nice sunny weather that we are having today. Its currently 81 degrees outside and we need to take in all that we can before we head into the winter months.

The plan today was to walk down to the U-Village to the Sony Store and the cooking store. Then we stopped and had a light lunch at Blue-C. I was talking to Brad a couple months ago and told him that I was set with my kitchen stuff and I didn't think that I needed anything else. Told when I had told him that he laughed and said that was like him saying that he was never going to need any more art supplies. Good comparison.

At the cooking store we found what I was looking for. I am always wanting to try new things. Some of the recipes that I have been looking at lately have talked about pounding chicken and tenderizing steak. Now lets just say that I am a proud new owner of tenderizer!


While we were on the walk we tried out our new camera outside. Can I just say that I am so excited about how the photos are turning out and we are just hitting the tip of the iceberg. I don't know why I haven't upgraded my camera sooner :)


Photos taken under the ramp that goes from U-Village to UW campus.

On our way home we needed to stop and get some quarters to do our wash. The normal places that we stop at were out of quarters so we walked towards a laundry mat by our place. There was a new music store that had just opened up so we decided that we would go in and check it out. Walking around the store we found a book that we had been looking for a couple of years. Bradley is now a proud new owner a Tom Waits book :)


Now it is time for me to stop procrastinating and go start the cleaning that didn't do itself while we were out and about.

No comments: