Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday with Jeff and Jennie..

Sunday was the last day that they were in town and we had to make sure that we fit everything else in while they were here. I had to end up working so I wasn't with them for the beginning of the day but I was able to sneak out for a couple of hours.


Bradley was able to take them to Snoqualmie Falls..


Family shot at the falls..

When I got off work I called them to see what they were up to. Ended up that they were driving home from falls and were heading to Gas Works. This is one of my favorite places in the city so I was glad that I got to go while they were checked out the park. The weather looked nice because there was blue skies and green grass but it was freezing/windy.


Bradley walking down to the water..


Libby and Bradley..
he wouldn't come close to get a picture.


Jennie walking down the hill with Ellie..


Brad and the girls walking to the water..


Group shot and the Seattle skyline..


The water was so choppy..


Millie, Jennie, and Arlie walking along the water..


Libby, Arlie, Jennie, and Ellie


Jennie and Ellie exploring the grounds..


While we were at Gasworks there was a group of people that were LARPing. This was a new type of nerds that I hadn't really seen in action :) It was fun to watch but I would never do it!


Fremont Troll..
Millie is looking up his nose while Jeff watches.


Family picture with the troll..
There is a random kids sitting on his head.

One of the place that Bradley wanted to take his brother because of his love with history was over to Fremont. There is an authentic communist-era statue of Lenin. Kind of a random piece of art but worth the couple of minutes stop.


Lenin..
Don't know why his hands are red that is not normal.

The next stop was the Ballard Locks. While we were walking to the entrance someone spotted a squirrel up in a tree and he had a cell phone. You can tell that he is a metro squirrel. It was funny to stop and watch him chew at it!


Its just a squirrel and his cell phone..


It is spring time in Seattle!


Boats see not something that you see that often in Utah :) Brad said he needed to pass out his business cards to people on the boats as they passed.


Watching the locks do their thing..


Everyone looking for fish.. 
There was only 2 fish that were a couple inches long.


Bradley standing by Red Mill Burgers..
I think that everyone loved this place!



Root beer tasting party.
Best to worse going left to right.

I had to leave in the middle of the tasting party to go to a work meeting but was able to sample some of all the flavors. There is a peanut butter and jelly soda that ranked 2nd to last that is kind of hiding. It was a lot of fun and I feel bad I want able to hang out more..

It's been fun to have family in town. Wish they could have stayed longer but we will take what we can get :) hopefully they will want to come back out here again soon! Hopefully when it's not so cold and windy. Seattle doesn't always have crap weather.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Thank you for sharing - haven't been able to talk to the girls yet about their trip. :-(