Thursday, March 13, 2014

Springs Preserve..

The second place that we went to day was to a place called the Springs Preserve. This is a place that Pat had been wanting to go check out because there was an exhibit that she wanted to check out. We were not really sure what we were to expect out of this place but it had some interesting stuff to look at. We agreed that Brad's bro and kids would have totally dig this place. It is something that they need to put on their list of things to do next time they are in Vegas.

One part of this place had an exhibit of animals that are from around this area. Lots of snakes and gross bugs, but there was also some awesome animals that we had never seen before.


This is what the inside of a salamander looks like..
the insides aren't pretty either.


This is a grey fox. He was so cute and sleepy!


Silly Bradley and a turtle..


Libby and a rabbit..
I have seen more rabbits the last couple days then I have seen in a couple of years!


While we were walking the grounds Bradley spotted a lizard. 
In the top picture he is saying it had a black stripe on it.
Pat and Bradley were searching for it..


Bradley and Libby..


Bradley getting ready to bid on some land in Vegas..


Oh no! that is a naughty word :)

The exhibit that Pat was wanting to see was the traveling Leonardo de Vinci Machines. They had taken a bunch of his sketches and turned them into reality. He was a man before his times!


Bradley at the entrance..


This machine made Bradley feel like he was back in the print studio..


Bradley using the old school printing press..
This would have been his job back in the day.


Wayland and Bradley..


Bradley standing next to the robot. This guy's chest would open up so you could see the gears working and then he would take a bow.


Reenactment of Leonardo's famous sketch..

After we were done with the exhibits we decided that we would head outside and check out the gardens that they had. It was very weird to see all of these desert plants. I have gotten to used to Seattle and seeing all of the green up there. I'm not used to seeing everything so dry and sunny!


Wayland, Pat, and Bradley walking through the garden..


Bradley looking down at me..


Libby standing by flowers that were her favorite colors..
Bradley took this picture of me and I think it is the best one from the trip!


In the preserve garden..


Bradley and Wayland..


Libby showing off how huge the cactus were!


Bradley by the giant watering can..


Pat taking pictures of the cactus..


Bradley in the cactus garden..


This is the common site the I get when I go places with Bradley..
He forgets that I don't have as long of legs as him.


Cactus wildlife..


Pat and Bradley looking at the cactus..


Self photo of Libby :)


This is the end of the tour of Springs Preserve and everyone is doing their own thing..

Today was a perfect day and I was so excited to be able to wear a dress. I have been wanting to wear one for a while now but it had been way too cold up in Seattle to do so. Its fun to be able to be girly once in a while.

For dinner we were able to head out to the casino by their house and try their buffet. It was a lot of fun to be able to try so many different things all in one location. It also allowed us to see the place the Pat and Wayland are always talking about. It was a great day!


This is their casino and we had very clear blue skies!

No comments: