While we were heading towards the Hoover Dam we stopped at a breakfast place that Joel had told us about. The Cracked Egg was what it was called. Every time that he headed down to Vegas he stopped here :)
Libby sitting in the car..
Libby and Brad heading to the Hoover Dam..
View of the new bridge from the parking lot. Everything that they have to do to get power and people here is amazing!
Bradley walking around the Dam..
Rub the toes and you will have good luck..
Brad's so tough he doesn't need it.
Bradley and Libby rubbing the toes :)
Libby standing next to where they had buried their dog that got killed at the dam when they were building it. It was a cool little shrine to him.
Libby looking at the dam..
Libby and Brad standing with the new bridge.
People were walking across it but Bradley didn't like that idea.
Libby on the Nevada side..
Looking towards Lake Mead's direction..
Wayland and Brad chilling on the dam..
Brad didn't like standing too close to the edge.
Pat and Libby on the Arizona side..
Wayland and Bradley getting a good view..
Pat and Bradley..
Bradley and I went on the Dam tour..
This is one of the tunnels that they pump water through the pipe.
You could feel on the floor the water washing through it.
You can see my reflection in the window by Brad
Bradley and Libby waiting to go on tour..
Libby and Bradley in the generator room..
people were really nice and were offering to take our pictures left and right.
Bradley and Libby listening to the tour in the room of the generators.
Libby looking out at the generators.
They are a lot bigger then what they appear.
Libby on the dam tour..
The floors in the generator rooms have fancy marble flooring.
They had taken Native American art influence from around the area and added in things that had to do with water and the power plant. The tour guide described this one as a toaster so Brad and I had to go and check it out.
Wayland, Pat, and Bradley looking at a plaque in the museum.
Bradley standing by this cool machine..
I think it looks like his Bohemian Rhapsody photo.
Libby and Bradley standing on the deck of the visitor center..
Libby looking over the edge..
Libby standing by the river..
Bradley keeping his distance from the edge..
Pat, Wayland, and Bradley
Bradley and Libby
The gang at the visitor center..
Walking down the stairs..
Wayland, Pat, and Libby
Libby and Bradley standing next to a guy rappelling down the wall..
a job that Bradley wouldn't have been able to do.
There is a website that I had found when I was planning my trip to Crater Lake last year that showed funny things to go see that normal people might not know about. Below is one of the things that I found that I wanted to see.
This statue was about one of the workers that was in charge of the bathrooms, a very important job but one that most people wouldn't think about. I kept him a surprise. He was located in the city right out of the Hoover Dam.
Libby at the destination..
Bradley standing next to the statue..
Brad can relate to him with working unglamorous jobs.
This was a bus that we saw..
it was the hardest rocking bus I think I have ever seen.
The Hoover Dam was really worth the time, very cool place. I think that it is funny that Brad has never made it out there before. But I guess that he has me beat because I haven't been for Dead Horse Point yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment