Friday, March 14, 2014

The Strip..

After we were finished at the Neon Museum we decided to walk down the strip and get some lunch before Brad and I had to fly out. We had a couple of hours which went by way too fast! The sun was very hot and we walked about a million miles. I had done good with not getting a burn until the last couple of hours that we were in Vegas.

Pat and Wayland hadn't ever really gone down the strip and take in what the different casinos had to offer. I had a plan in my head on what I was wanting to go see but didn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone else. Not even sure Bradley knew what I was doing.


We walked into Caesar's Palace to get out of the sun..
Here Bradley is standing next to the statues in the shopping center.
We were on the top floor and they were still that big!


Next stop was the Bellagio.
Libby is standing next to some of the flowers in there garden.


Pat was the main reason that I wanted to go here. I knew she would love it.
Pat and Bradley in the flower garden.


Libby standing next to the painting that was made out of flowers.


The Bellagio is also home of the worlds tallest chocolate fountain.
Here Pat is standing next to it.


Bradley standing next to the tower..
that is as closest to the real thing as he will be for a while.


Don't have to many pictures of the 4 of us..
Wayland, Pat, Libby, and Bradley.

One last casino that we were able to sneak into before we had to leave was the Cosmopolitan. This place was a first for me and Brad too. The pedestrian bridge was out and the route that we had to take brought us into here. From the outside it doesn't look too exciting but once you got in it was very sparkly. This was the home of some Liberace memorabilia.


Mini Liberace museum..
it was closed when we were there but still got to peek into the windows.


This old cigerate machine had been converted onto a machine that dispensed mini art work. If I would have had the $5 in cash I would have totally gotten some art out of it! Its fun to know things like this still exist and didn't get turned into scrap.


Libby standing next to Liberace's sparkling car..


Pat and Bradley riding the escalator.
There was more glam in the casino then I knew what to do with it.


Libby and Bradley standing next to the Gordon Ramsay sign..


Libby trying to get her picture taken with Gordon..


Gordon Ramsay Steak..
Next time we go to Vegas we are going to need to check it out!


After Bradley had taken my picture next to Gordon Ramsay's picture I happened to look down at the fencing that I was standing next to. There was a lock on there that had "Libby" engraved. It was the only lock there and quite a funny coincidence.


"Libby"

After we had walked on the strip for a couple hours it was time for us to go and catch our flight back to Seattle. It was a really good visit and we had a total blast while we were out there. Thanks for showing us a good time!

We had flown with Southwest when we came out here and we were not able to sit next to each other. I didn't really mind it as much as Brad did. He was very mad. On our way back the plane wasn't nearly as full as when we were heading there and we were able to get seats together.

 

Libby smugly enjoying a cup of cranberry juice..
Her drink of choice while flying.


The strip as we fly out..


These pictures are of our flight back into Seattle. I was so crazy to see how little the boats were out on the water. It became even crazier when we were able to tell exactly where we were at. The first picture is of Sodo and you can see the Starbucks Corporate office and the bottom picture of Georgetown before we had made it to the airport. Flying at night was so crazy pretty but a little nerve racking when we realized how close and far out above the water we were. It was such a great trip!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Nice Libby! You took a lot more pictures than I did - and you saw things that I missed!
Come again :-)