Sunday, March 23, 2014

Deception Pass..

Today was my second day off.  My day off started with my manager texting me about some call ins and there was no one there to do my orders. I quickly ran into work for a couple of hours. During that time Joel and Bradley both worked on my car and got a new radio installed. I was happy with the old one because it could play CDs, my white car only had a tape deck. This new one can now hook up with ipods and do a whole lot of other fancy stuff. Truthfully the timing was not that bad and I was able to sneak in and out of work real quickly.

Brad wasn't too happy that I went into work because she was worried that I was going to miss all of the sunshine. Don't worry though because we were able to head up to Deception Pass and got to hang out in the sun for a couple of hours.  We packed a picnic, picked up Joel, and headed up north.


Deception Pass..


Walking down the path going to the beach..


Libby at our picnic spot..


Bradley looking at a shell..


Joel's sad photo..
looking at the rocks

Bradley doesn't like to walk across the bridge. Heights are not his favorite thing so he was cool with just sitting on the beach sketching while Joel and I walked across.  He would rather have his feet on solid ground :)


View from the bridge..
the water was doing really cool patterns.

Joel and an awesome old car..


Boat coming in the far distance..


Joel looking over the edge..


Libby excited on the bridge..
while we were up there we saw a seal.
I was totally geeking out about it!
Joel just went with it but I think that I was annoying him a little bit :)


Here is a picture of the seal floating down the river..
He is in the middle of the picture and he looks like a little black dot.
I was so excited!


Other side of the bridge..


Panoramic shot..


Brad's log that he found to sit and sketch..
only bad thing about it was that it wasn't in the sun and was a little chilly!
 Brad and Joel hanging out.


This is a good message that we found on the beach..


Bradley sitting in the sun and throwing rocks into the water.


View from Bradley's drawing log..


Hardcore Libby!


Joel and Libby are one of those little people walking across the bridge..

Other side of the bridge from where we were on the beach..


Libby looking around and enjoying the sun!

Even though we got a later start then what we were planning, we were all glad that we were able to get out and enjoy the good weather. Spring is here and that is just one step away from the summer. Joel was very sad that he hadn't brought up his nice camera but that is going to be coming up next week when Brad's brother comes up. I let Joel know that we would be coming back later this year so he will be able to get the good photos that he is wanting. I was glad to have a good day to hang out!

No comments: