We stayed with our friend Drew. Brad and him have been friends forever. Drew has just recently broken up with his girlfriend and had moved into a new apartment. It was a lot of fun hanging out with him. While he was with his old girlfriend it was kind of hard to get him to go out and do fun things. She was kind of a drag that didn't care too much for us. He seems like a new man now that he is free and is just having fun with life.
The one thing that Brad wanted to do on this vacation was go to the Evergreen Space Museum. He had read about it in a magazine and how it was the home of the Spruce Goose. How cool is that!? I had asked Drew a couple of month to come with us and he arranged it so that he was able to go. This place was a blast!
Drew and Bradley going to the museum. I got a ton of butt shots of these two. They were leaving me in the dust.
Nerd time!
Brad with a piece of the Berlin Wall..
Libby with the other side of the Berlin Wall..
This is different shots of the three of us by a engine of a Titan II Rocket..
Bradley by the simulator..
Brad looking through the Skylab Airlock (America's first space station)
Brad standing next to the Aerojet M-1 (Rocket Engine)
Libby standing next to a helicopter that folds up into a backpack..
Drew and Libby looking at a SR 71 Black Bird..
This is a view of the Black Bird looking down. Loved the nice old man that worked at this place. I had a quick question about the planes that he helped answer. While he was talking with me, he make sure that I went and found Brad and Drew to go look at it from this view. Man it would have been sad if I wouldn't have talked to him and found out about it. I loved how there were old men all over this museum that shared their excitement for the planes.
He he he he..
Brad and Drew when we were walking to the Spruce Goose..
This thing was huge!!!
A full grown man could walk in the wing..
Libby and the plaque for the Spruce Goose..
Drew and Brad checking out the behind..
Libby standing by the butt of the Spruce Goose..
Panoramic of the Spruce Goose..
Brad and Libby by the gun displays. Really we were just trying to get a good photo with the Spruce Goose..
Best I could do to get it in one shot..
Marge your no beauty!
Libby looking at the wings of the Spruce Goose..
A Man, his Pepsi, and a Tank..
Brad and Drew in front of a tank..no big deal!
My camera is giving me issues and it finally took the photo right before Brad left the shot..
We thought that it was weird when we had read that there was also a water park at this place. I mean the two of them don't seem to go together, a space museum and a water park. Once we got there and saw how awesome the water park looked from the outside we were sad that we didn't bring our swimsuits. Who wouldn't want to go down a water slide coming out of a plane? Next time..
There was a guy washing the plane that Drew and Brad are standing by. Wouldn't that be such an awesome job?
Got to protect myself from the sun. Sporting my awesome hat!
Libby in front of the building that holds the Spruce Goose. That shows you the size of the plane..
HELP!!!
Brad and Drew walking away..I was left in their dust.
My hat blocked the view of the plane :)
Libby and the Blue Angels..
For dinner Drew took us to one of his favorite places in Portland. For the last year or two every time that we saw him he would tell us that we needed to go to Pok Pok. It is a crazy little hipster place. The restaurant was packed. We went to go get on the list and they send you across the street to a bar that they also own. While we were there we got appetizers.
Yummy!
Drew had told me that they had a drink there called Drinking Vinegars that he hadn't ever tried but was curious about. I told him that I was up for anything and that we were going to try it that night. It was one of the most bazaar things that I have ever tried. Pretty much it was vinegar that had some flavoring in it. The first couple of sips was a little hard to get past but after that the drink was actually really good. I would drink it again if I had the chance.
Brad eating his wings..
This was our dinner for the night. It was all sorts of spicy goodness..
Caught Bradley eating again..
This was me after eating..
We will return!
We will return!
Sadly after this awesome night we had to go back to the real world. I had to be back to work at to do an inventory. One thing is for sure and that is we are needing to do more vacations. While we were driving back to Seattle we were talking about everything that we had seen and done the last 5 days. Really with everything that we did it could have been 3 separate vacations and we had crammed it into a short amount of time. With everything that we were able to cross off our list of things that we have done there is a new list of things that we are needing to go do still. This was a blast and can't wait to do another vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment