Friday, July 26, 2013

Tillamook and Lincoln City..

Heading on down the road after we were finished at the beach I had a couple things that I was wanting to do that would be considered "touristy." One of those places was the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Not only do they make the best cheese in the world their factory tour was free..can't beat that!


Bradley at the factory..


Inside the factory watching them make that awesome cheddar cheese that we love. 


Now they say that this tour is "free" but where they get you is at the gift shop. There were a couple of items that that we decided that we couldn't live without which would include a magnet, earrings, and squeaky cheese. Also we were starving so we got a quick bite to eat while we were there. Yummy..


Bradley by the Tillamook Boat..


I am now happy that I can say that visiting the cheese factory can be crossed off my list. Also I am happy that this experience was a lot less creepy then my previous experience at a cheese factory. Vacations with my mom's family were alway exciting.

When we were done with the cheese factory we headed down to Lincoln City where I had booked us a room. There is one thing that I need to say about this place..there is nothing to do! If I would have know what I know now I would have gotten us a room farther down the coast. Lesson learned. When we got to the hotel we asked the guy what there was to do around there. He told us not a whole heck of a lot and that he wished that there was more going on there. He did tell us about the beach so we decided that we could go watch the sunset.


Worlds shortest..thats right!


It was very cold and windy..


Due to the fact that it was cold and windy, the sun seemed to take forever to go down. Once it got to close to setting for the night be was very pretty and worth hanging around for it, even though I was doubting it the whole time. For a first day on vacation I think that we did pretty good. I don't really plan too much time to relax when we are on the road. Brad hates how I have a spring in my butt :) There is just too much to see!

1 comment:

Jena Harper said...

I will never forget our creepy cheese factory experience! Lol