Bradley in front of the Hotel..
Libby by the sign..
These old cars were from guest that were also staying the the hotel. How fun would that be to drive around Crater Lake? We later saw them at one of the pull offs.
One thing that I really enjoyed about this place was the huge porch and seating area that they had!
Bradley not impressed with me taking his photo.
When reading up on this place they had talked about how they were really close to some waterfalls and a couple other attractions. When we checked in they talked about the things that I had read about and gave us a map on how to get to these areas. They were all within walking distance.
The first place that we went to was the closest and was called Pearsoney Falls. The photos that they had shown us had to be with a disposable camera because when we got there it was a lot prettier then what the photo had shown.
This is my photo that kicks the trash out of the one that they had shown us.
The lighting in these photos are really weird and it makes us look like we are standing in front of a fake background. We were really there :)
Brad thought that I was weird because I was trying to get a photo with him and our new car. We have been teaching it what it is like to be Libby and Brad's car. We are defiantly getting use out of it!
The next area that we went hiking was the Mill Creek Falls area. There was several little falls that we stopped and looked at. I think that the boulder place is also included in this area. It was all really close together.
Brad and I must have been trend setters. There was an older couple that had pasted us on the bridge in their truck. As we were getting ready to go they had turned their truck around to come and see what we had been looking at :)
After we had checked out of the hotel we headed down the road towards Crater Lake. There was one other place that they had suggested to check out. It was called the Natural Bridge.
Brad and I taking one last loop around Crater Lake..
Being out in all the sun was starting to catch up with me and I was starting to break out in my rash. No vacation would be complete with out it!
Brad is pointing at where the boat picked us up the day before. It was a mile straight down that we walked down to the water. One of the hardest hikes I have done going back up!
The smoke was starting to come in. So glad that we went out on the boat the day before.
Phantom Ship..
I am standing next to the Pumice Castle..it is the red rock.
Brad standing next to his Phantom Ship..
Phantom Ship Lookout..
This was some of the views along the way..
Best photo of the two of us on our trip!
I love how you offer to take someone's photo and they return the favor. I am betting their photo was better because it was a huge group on the rocks. With just the two of us we look silly.
We hiked to the boarder :)
One last shot of Bradley and the Pinnacles.
Its troll country!
Brad and the Vidae Falls..
This is the best panoramic that we were able to get on our camera. Thanks to Brad we got this gem. I was in the car pigging out on the piece of pie. Man I wish that I would have taken a photo of that :)
Brad discovered a stack of rocks to put the camera on. We think that many people have set their timers to get a shot like this. This was us as we were leaving the park.
I love being so close to water..this was worth the time to do.
This is my photo that kicks the trash out of the one that they had shown us.
As we continued down the hike there was a place that was called the Avenue of the Boulders. This was the place that I had read up about and was wanting to go check out before we left.
The lighting in these photos are really weird and it makes us look like we are standing in front of a fake background. We were really there :)
At the very top of all the boulders you can see a little bridge. Later on we went and took some pictures up there. That is a car bridge..
The next little hike that we went on we went and grabbed the car.
Brad with the first water fall..
Libby sitting and watching the other waterfall go into the river..
Brad posing by the beautiful background.
Walking along the boulders..
Bradley chilling..
Brad by different parts of the boulders..
Remember that tiny little bridge I was talking about a few pictures back? Well this is the photos that we got from there. It is looking over the Avenue of the Boulders.
Walking to look over the edge..
That is where we were just at walking along the boulders..
Libby on the bridge..
Brad up the river from where we were hiking..
That is Brad's I'm not impressed face..do you think that it has something to do with those people's privet deck they have over the river?
Libby taking a self shot..
Brad showing how brave he is..
Under the bridge was just as beautiful and look there is Brad!
Libby and Brad..
no bueno..
Brad and I must have been trend setters. There was an older couple that had pasted us on the bridge in their truck. As we were getting ready to go they had turned their truck around to come and see what we had been looking at :)
After we had checked out of the hotel we headed down the road towards Crater Lake. There was one other place that they had suggested to check out. It was called the Natural Bridge.
This place was near Beckie's that was when I was able to get another slice of that pie..yum!
Looking at the river..
It was hard to get a good photo but this is where the Natural Bridge is at. The rivers run under the rocks.
At the end of the Natural Bridge there is a little cave that was carved out by the river..
Brad and me hiking..
Bradley prepping for the day..he is putting sunscreen on his head. He hates that I'm putting this picture up.
Brad and I taking one last loop around Crater Lake..
Being out in all the sun was starting to catch up with me and I was starting to break out in my rash. No vacation would be complete with out it!
Brad is pointing at where the boat picked us up the day before. It was a mile straight down that we walked down to the water. One of the hardest hikes I have done going back up!
The smoke was starting to come in. So glad that we went out on the boat the day before.
Phantom Ship..
I am standing next to the Pumice Castle..it is the red rock.
Brad standing next to his Phantom Ship..
Phantom Ship Lookout..
The last place that I was wanting to go check out before we left was the Pinnacles. It was a little off the the Crater Lake rim drive. It was awesome. It reminds me of Bryce Canyon with different color rocks.
This was some of the views along the way..
Best photo of the two of us on our trip!
At the visitor center Brad got himself a hat. I loved him in it and it took me a long time to get a good photo of him wearing it. He would take it off as soon as the camera was out. What a silly guy.
I love how you offer to take someone's photo and they return the favor. I am betting their photo was better because it was a huge group on the rocks. With just the two of us we look silly.
We hiked to the boarder :)
One last shot of Bradley and the Pinnacles.
Its troll country!
Brad and the Vidae Falls..
This is the best panoramic that we were able to get on our camera. Thanks to Brad we got this gem. I was in the car pigging out on the piece of pie. Man I wish that I would have taken a photo of that :)
Brad discovered a stack of rocks to put the camera on. We think that many people have set their timers to get a shot like this. This was us as we were leaving the park.
I think that we could have spent a couple more hours there but I had concert tickets for the Cult in Portland so we had to zoom out of there. This place was awesome! Like I have said before if anyone gets the chance they should go and check this place out. Glad that we decided to go here.
No comments:
Post a Comment