Friday, July 26, 2013

Oregon Coast..

Bradley and I went on a proper vacation. This is something that we haven't done for several years. I came up with the plan on what/where we were going. Brad trusts me so he was down to do anything. I had tried to get a whole week off from work but I wasn't able to do it so we had to cram a ton into 5 days!

At Brad's work there is only 3 other people besides himself. Two of the guys are native to Tacoma and know all of the cool places to go around Washington and Oregon. Stan, who is a surfer dude, always talks about a beach in Oregon that he goes to every chance he gets. We found out what it was called and decided that was going to be our first stop. The official name is Oswald West but he always called it Short Sands. This place was beautiful and well worth the stop!


View before the beach..


 It was very windy..I really hated what it was doing to my hair.


Brad was the first one out of the two of us to pop off his shoes to walk in the water.

The water was so cold..it would make our feet numb to walk in it but not we can officially say that we have made it to the coast. This has been something that we have wanted to do since we moved up to Seattle. The drive wasn't as bad as we had made it out to be. This could be a day trip even :)

 

This beach had a little bit of everything. This was a waterfall that was located at the far end of the beach. This was also the area that had tide pools. I think that I have said this before but sea creatures are kind of disgusting. I didn't really want to hang out for too long. Ewww...


Bradley improvising for not have a sketchbook..

When we were done hanging out on the beach we decided that we wanted to go hiking and see the area around the beach.


Awesome trees..this one had crazy knots


This was a view along the trail that we were hiking. Down there is the beach that we had just been at. While we were hiking it was crazy to look at the beach because we could see how fast the tide was coming in. The beach that we had been walking on was slowly fading away.


The end of the trail..it was worth it!


Bradley being brave :)


Happy time on the trail..

No comments: