Brad and I had been receiving texts from his family about his mother having some heart issues. On the 2nd we got a message that her heart had stopped for several minutes before they were able to get her back. Brad was already at work when that message had been sent out but I was just getting ready to do a closing shift at my job. I made the decision that we were going to have to head down to Utah. After I had called and made some arrangements everything was ready for us to go to Utah. I went and worked my closing shift at Sams..I even stayed a couple more hours to make sure the meat department was ready to go for the 4th of July. I got out of work at 10, went home for a shower, and then we were on the road at 11 pm. We drive though the night (best way to do it!)
We rolled into town around noonish..it was the weirdest feeling being there since both of us haven't really been in for 3 years. I can't even describe what it was like, it was just weird. We stopped by mom's house for a quick minute and then headed over to the hospital to see Brad's family. My in-laws live in Vegas but lucky for my mom-in-law everything happened when she was up visiting, the result would have been a whole lot worse.
We were there for about four days and they were a total whirlwind. I was wanting to see everyone in my family and Brad's so I arranged to have another party with everyone. Lucky for us everyone gets along and these type of parties are always so much fun. While we were driving down to Utah, Brad got a call that they had told his mom that we were on our way down. She told something to the point that good..we can get family pictures. The thought of it was funny to us.
Everything worked out to be great my mom-in-law..I will talk more about stuff in the next 2 post.
No comments:
Post a Comment