Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Another Week Down..

Today is my one of my two days off for the week. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. At work I just entered in the schedule for Thanksgiving week..the busiest time of the year for the bakery. I am excited and nervous about it at the same time. This is the biggest thing that I have had to do since I got this job, there are a ton of pies and rolls that have to be made! I am lucky to have 2 different people that have done this job before me to ask questions to but..this year things are different from how they had to plan. The baking of the pies is very different and not requiring a over night person, in the long run it is going to be better. I will just be glad when January 1st is here and the holidays are finished!

Halloween has came and gone..I didn't dress up. The ladies at my work said that I needed to dress up like a Chinese Women. If you know anything about my crew I have 7 people that work in the bakery, me included, and 4 of them are Chinese. I just had to laugh at that thought :) I will say though that I totally loved all of the Halloween cupcakes that we made. Maybe I am getting a little bit of the holiday spirit..lets hope not though! I like how we decorate the cupcakes at my work all year round so I think that I am safe.

Yesterday was my inventory. This means that I had to wake up early and be to work at 3 am. I had a strange encounter as I was driving to work. I had just gotten off the freeway and driven about 3-4 blocks into residential streets when I thought that I had seen a cat in the road. It was a little foggy/misty so it was hard to tale what it was. As I was slowing down it didn't move but I knew that it was too big to be a kitty and thought maybe a couple of dogs? As I approached them I realized that it was 3 HUGE raccoons and those bastards were not going to move out of the way. They stared at me for a couple of seconds and then slowly started walking out of the street. I can only imagine the trouble those three were getting into! I think seeing those guys was not anything that I was expecting and just had to shake my head as I drove away.

As I had said yesterday was my inventory. It went really smooth and without any hiccups. My numbers had stayed constant so I was a happy person when we were done. After I was done with work I went shopping with a friend up to the outlets. She is the leader over the cafe and a really funny girl. When we got to the outlets we walked around window shopping in different stores. I wish that I had a little bit of money. I saw some of the cutest guy sweaters that totally screamed Brad! I will have to keep them in mind and get back up there. This is the time of the year when cute sweaters are a necessary thing!

The main reason that we went up there was that she needed to buy a birthday present for her cousin. We went to the Coach Store. This was a new experience for me. I don't think that I have ever bought myself a purse and I don't know if I would be able to ever do so in that type of a store if I was to get one! I can't justify paying that much for something silly like a purse and I think that she brought the wrong friend to help choose something out. The type of women that worked in that store is everything I hate. They were crusty old house wives that were dressing like they were in their 20s. People like that are hard for me to look at, they are everything I don't want to be! Sometimes you just have to grow up and act your age.

We were able to find a handbag that she said her cousin liked and had worn out another purse like it. I think that I approved of this item the most in the whole store, it was snake skin print. I am a sucker when it comes to any type of animal print. I still wouldn't ever spend as much money on it though like she did but to each is their own. We were dragging some major butt by the time we had walked around all the stores. Early morning shifts are a bitch! While we were out we also grabbed a quick bite to eat, McDonalds. I don't remember the last time that I have eaten there. It was before I had moved up here so over a year ago, besides the apple pie I got there one day. When Brad got into my car and saw the McDonalds cup it confused him and he started to think about the last time that he had eaten there too. It is one thing that I don't miss about living in the city.

Well it is about time that I start being productive with my time off. I have some books that are calling my name right about now! Also all of the dishes in my kitchen are SCREAMING my name. I will see what I can do before Brad gets home tonight from school.

No comments: