I have made it through Thanksgiving at work. I will have to admit that it went pretty well. I'm both physically and mentally tired so I'm more then ready to have my day off tomorrow. When I was leaving work at 6:30 tonight we were well on our way of selling all of the pumpkin pies that we had made (1200). That is not counting all of the other pies that we had. I can say that we baked almost every pie that we had in the store, minus the couple that are needed for the order on Friday, and that there was only 3 left on the table. I can say that I feel pretty dang good about how it went. There were a couple of things that I will be changing next year to make it run even better but my crew has all said that this year went really well. I am just glad that it is all over with! Now we just have to start working towards getting Christmas over with and we will be able to relax again.
I am so glad that I don't have to go back to work until 10 am on Friday. I need a day just to hang out and do nothing. Luckily we don't have any big plans for tomorrow and no where to be so we can just hang out. I did buy some stuff to make for dinner but it is not going to be anything traditional about it. Salmon and a cake, wish I would have thought about it and got some steak. Oh well..too little too late. That is the nice thing about having two of us, we don't have to have anything fancy. Brad has made plans that he is going to be waking up and making breakfast. I have taught him how to make scrabbled eggs and he like to "practice" making them every chance that he gets :) I also got some pepper bacon..this is what I will be eating, yummy!
I've got to go make me some dinner and watch some more Roseanne. I don't know why but I have been so addicted to that show the last couple of weeks. It is real sad if you think about it but I can't stop watching it. I guess that there are worse things that I could be watching like that Jersey Shore or whatever it is called. My brother and Brad have had to give me lessons on that show but I still don't understand the appeal at all. I just want to make a note that neither one of them watches that show either, they just hang out with the younger college crowd. I will take Roseanne any day over what is on TV now.
No comments:
Post a Comment