Once we had found where we were going and got parked, the fun began. We meet up with everyone at a bar and listened to some music for a while before we faced the rain to go and check out the art. I think that the next time that we go to this that we are needing to print out the map that is on the website to make sure that we get to go to all of the galleries that we can go. Georgetown is the historical industrial part of town. Its a little confusing on where we were going and what there was out there for us to look at.
We went into a building, which I believe was the original Rainer Bottle Company's building. They had fixed it up inside and had made it into art studios. There was only 3 studios last night that we open to the public. There was one gallery that the work was just amazing and it takes skills to learn how to draw/paint the human figure. The gallery that we stayed at the longest was the one that Brad and me could have been through in about two minutes. Everyone else thought that the work was just so amazing. I guess to each is their own..
This is me inside the bottle factory waiting for everyone to finish in the on studio.

I borrowed this one from Marly. It is the whole group of us..

I borrowed this one from Marly. It is the whole group of us..
There were 3 levels to this building. Before we left we went to to the bottom level to see what was down there. I am not afraid to say that this creep me out a little. They were refinishing it down there. There was just hall ways and locked fences. It reminded me a bit of my Price days..something that I don't want to re-live.


Brad wanted to start a Fight Club..
Brad wanted to start a Fight Club..
One of the coolest things that we saw while we were there was this place that was called the Trailer Park Market.







I really liked the Trailer Park Market. By the time that we got there most of the trailers had closed for the night. Next time that we go we are going to have to spend a little more time there. There was a lot of things to look at and not enough time.
This was about the end of night for us as soon as we walked through the Trailer Park Market. We are going to have to keep this night in our heads so that we can go and check it out again! I forgot to mention this before but while we were lost, we stumbled across the giant cowboy hat and boot. This was the one thing that Brad's sis in law wanted to see when she came to Seattle but we didn't know anything about it or that part of town so we didn't make it over there. I know what one of our next adventure is going to be :)
I really liked the Trailer Park Market. By the time that we got there most of the trailers had closed for the night. Next time that we go we are going to have to spend a little more time there. There was a lot of things to look at and not enough time.
This was about the end of night for us as soon as we walked through the Trailer Park Market. We are going to have to keep this night in our heads so that we can go and check it out again! I forgot to mention this before but while we were lost, we stumbled across the giant cowboy hat and boot. This was the one thing that Brad's sis in law wanted to see when she came to Seattle but we didn't know anything about it or that part of town so we didn't make it over there. I know what one of our next adventure is going to be :)
1 comment:
Pardon my saying so, but some of those places look kind of scary!
O.O
Post a Comment