I was sitting on the computer and Brad said that if I wanted to go somewhere today that it was my choice. A couple hours later I decided that we needed to get out and go on an adventure. Not too sure where we were going to go we hopped in the car. While we were driving, I came up with the idea that we should go to the SAAM and see the new show that went up last month. We had never driven up to the museum it is just easier to ride the bus.
As we made our way over to Capital Hill we were proud that we were able to get ourselves there without having to look up the directions :) Once we got to Volunteer Park we went through an entrance that we haven't been to before. As we were driving up the street we saw a building that we hadn't seen the other times that we had been there. As soon as we parked our car we headed back to see what it was. What we came to find out was that it was the Volunteer Park Conservatory. We spent the first part of our trip in there..
The building is split off into 5 different rooms. They are all different themes and temp/humidity controlled so that different plants could grow. We took a bunch of photos while we were there. Too many pretty plants!
This is us outside of the conservatory..
This is a panoramic of the building. This place is big and I don't know how we have missed it so many times.

Glass above the entrance way. If I have it correct the half circle is from the original structure from 1912.
Glass above the entrance way. If I have it correct the half circle is from the original structure from 1912.
One of the first rooms that we went into that we started to take photos was the Cactus House.




The second room was the Seasonal Display House..


Palm House

"Dwarf Bananas"





The Fern House



The three pictures above are of carnivorous plants. Think that this was Brad's favorite plants :)


The Bromeliad House




The second room was the Seasonal Display House..
Palm House
"Dwarf Bananas"
The Fern House
The three pictures above are of carnivorous plants. Think that this was Brad's favorite plants :)
Brad took this picture. He is standing in the corner so you see the whole room. It is a white pole in the middle. You get the feeling of how the room felt like when you are inside them.
The Bromeliad House
I had a plant like this that was growing really well. I went off to school for a week and when I came home it was dead. It was a plant that I was actually was able to grow. If you know me I can't keep a plant alive for the life of me.
It was a fun adventure. They had a flyer for a special event there in December. This is something that I think that we should go to. I was hearing people talking and they are going to be switching out the plants that are located in the Seasonal Display House. It could make for a fun Friday night.
When we were done in the Conservatory we then headed over to the SAAM. The new show that they have going on there is quite interesting. It is two Japanese American painters that had done paintings in the 20s/30s of Seattle. It was fun to look at the paintings and know where they were actually painting. It was a bunch of buildings and streets downtown. It was worth the time to walk through the museum. It was a good Sunday outing :)
When we were done in the Conservatory we then headed over to the SAAM. The new show that they have going on there is quite interesting. It is two Japanese American painters that had done paintings in the 20s/30s of Seattle. It was fun to look at the paintings and know where they were actually painting. It was a bunch of buildings and streets downtown. It was worth the time to walk through the museum. It was a good Sunday outing :)
1 comment:
Some of those plants look like they could eat you!
Post a Comment