The last couple of weeks have been interesting. When I say interesting, I mean in a really good way. I have officially lived in Seattle for a year and it is crazy to think of all of the things that we have accomplished in the past year. There has been a lot of opportunities that we have taken advantage of, things that I never thought that we would have ever done.
Brad has officially started working in his senior studio and is working hard on making art. Check it out here..if you haven't had a chance you should follow him do! You can watch his art evolve over the next couple of months. I'm waiting for the day that I am going to be his "clean hands" and help him pull the prints. That is when the magic happens. Brad is taking a screen printing class. That is a process that I don't understand. When I was in Price two of my friends worked in a screen printing place and they have explained it to me many times how it is done. Brad has also done that same thing. That might just have to be something that I watch to have it sink in.
I have been working on star books. They are my babies :) My living room looks like a bomb has gone off in the middle of all my crafting supplies. I feel bad for Brad because he is able to keep his studio clean and orderly but I just don't have the room like he does to do the same. He doesn't know how I am able to work in the mess that I make. Guess that is what my Ephraim apartment taught me to be like, I think that whole apartment would fit in my living room here. Expect updates on my books that I am making!
Brad has school going for him, I have work. I love my job! I listen to people talk about how they don't like their jobs and how they are needing a change. I have been thinking about it and I don't think that there has been a single day since I have started up here that I have dreaded going to work. The question that I have to ask myself is, is that humanly possible to feel that way. I don't think that I have ever heard anyone for a long time say that they love where they work. The last couple of weeks have been extra crazy at work, I have been going to trainings and starting to plan for the holiday season. I have two words..PUMPKIN PIES. The next 3 months are the busiest time of the year for a bakery. I am so excited!
Well its time to go make dinner :)
No comments:
Post a Comment