Friday, October 7, 2011

Ron Howard..

The other night Bradley and I went to a friends birthday party. Being in the spirit of October we were to all bring a pumpkin to carve. As we sat on a tarp in her living room carving the pumpkins as we ate her homemade chili, yum! Brad didn't have any of the chili, he has not came around to beans..one day we might get him to have some. She also had cheese, crackers, and pesto (also homemade) which Brad was in love with.

As we were driving over to her house we stopped by QFC to pick out a pumpkin. As everyone was sitting trying to figure out what to carve their pumpkins like Brad came up with the idea of doing Ron Howard. He pulled out a sharpie and went to town designing him. Everyone was laughing when Brad admitted that this was not his first time drawing Ron and I think that he even has his picture saved in his phone. He is a funny guy.

After he was done with the design he started to carve the pumpkin. I will have to say that it was making me a little nervous watching him do it because the last time that he carved a pumpkin (when he was 12) he just about cut off his finger. I have seen the picture! I think that after that they went to painting pumpkins :) When the finer details on the pumpkin were not going as well as Brad was wanting them to and out of fear that he was going to lose the eye he decided that the pumpkin was a goner and this is where I took over.

I did all of the fine details and worked on the areas that he thought that there was no way that could be carved out. Personally I thought that it was ugly but the true test was to see what it looked like all lit up.


It is funny to see how much it actually does look like him!



It was a fun night..now we need to get this pumpkin out of our house before it starts to go bad. We don't want any fruit flies! Also due to where we live we can't put it out on our steps, I don't thing that Ron would survive the night!

No comments: