Yesterday I went and got some goods at the farmers market. Tonight when I pulled it out of the bags and looked at it, it made me happy to look at all the small veggies that I got. Brad shared in my delight and took a picture of it.
The eggplant in the middle is what we had for dinner. My dad used to cut them up, bread them, and fry them in a pan. Had to call and talk to Joel to make sure that I was remembering how to make it correctly, boy was it yummy! It is one of my comfort foods that I remember from my childhood. Brad was turning his nose up when I told him that I was going to cook eggplant but being a good sport he tried it for me. He said it wasn't half bad..another new thing that he can cross off his list. Isn't that photo above just so cute?
Brad wanted me to show off my clean kitchen :) Last Sunday while I was at work Brad cleaned my whole apartment for me..this included the kitchen and all of the dishes! I love my kitchen in this apartment. Here I am slicing the eggplant. I would also like to say that I had just hopped out of the shower and my hair is wet. Its not a funky new hairstyle.
With the theme being my kitchen tonight I also wanted to show off what our friends in Portland made for us. Last time that we were there she had us choose out a piece of granite and she made a lazy susan out of it. She was on business up here in Seattle and dropped it off before she headed back to Portland. Due to the time of day and not wanting to get stuck in traffic she was unable to come in our apartment to see it in place so I thought that I would put a photo up so she could see how awesome it looks!
Along with the awesome lazy susan she had made she also dropped off a Beatles record. With the help of them my Beatles record collection is growing! I am so glad that through the Taylors I have gotten to know these amazing people. Life up here would be so different without them around.
No comments:
Post a Comment