Seattle in known for it strong Asian culture and influence. The pieces that were in this show are part of the permanent collection that the museum owns. It sounds like half of the stuff that was in the show had toured Japan last year or so. From there they had added a bunch of pieces that would have not been able to travel. It made for an interesting show. I think that Bradley and I were the youngest people there today :) I will have to say that my favorite thing that they had there was a whole wall of Indian paintings. I was interesting to get up real close and study what was happening in the photo. I also find it interesting the way that they were able to use paint, ink, and gold to make such fine details that long ago. When I go back I am going to have to study them again.
We did a quick walk through the permanent collection too so that Brad could get some info for homework. I think that we have gotten our moneys worth for the memberships and in December when they run out we are going to have to renew them! The next show that they are going to be having there Brad is very excited about. It is Gauguin, who is an artist that Brad studied in his Colonial Encounters class. I guess that he is a real piece of crap as a person but he made some interesting art. (Aren't most famous artist though?) That show will be here in about 4 months, sometime in February.
Tomorrow is payday and I couldn't be happier! The beginning of the semester is always the poorest time for us and this last semester has been a rough one! We are now over that hump and things will be a little more workable. On payday Brad and me always go out and eat on an adventure. I have to work tomorrow so we were counting today as our adventure. We spent our last few pennies and had lunch down at the market. They have the yummiest mac and cheese there.
This is the mac and cheese that we got. That much food is what we share between the two of us and even at that we have a hard time finishing it. Its so RICH and CREAMY! This is the place where you sit in front of glass windows and you are able to watch them make the cheese. It is a tourist trap but oh so yummy!
Surprisingly the photo above is a one I took myself! Not half bad if I can say so..

I don't know what Brad is going to think of this photo of himself but he was eating Milk Duds as we were walking down the street to go to the SAM. It is sweatshirt weather again. The seasons up here have changed..but I am not going to let that slow me down on the adventures that we go on! I have got to keep the "spring" in my butt alive.
Now it is time for me to sit down and do my grocery list for the next two weeks and work on my star books some more. Once I get farther along on my books I will post some photos of what I have been doing. Brad gave me his spot that he used to use to do art at home. Now that he has his own studio downtown there is no need for him to have the spot. It was his idea to give it to me but I think that he did it so that he could have his living room back :) It will be nice to have it all in one area and not have to take up all of the walk way in our apartment!
Now it is time for me to sit down and do my grocery list for the next two weeks and work on my star books some more. Once I get farther along on my books I will post some photos of what I have been doing. Brad gave me his spot that he used to use to do art at home. Now that he has his own studio downtown there is no need for him to have the spot. It was his idea to give it to me but I think that he did it so that he could have his living room back :) It will be nice to have it all in one area and not have to take up all of the walk way in our apartment!
No comments:
Post a Comment