I was off at 10:30 this morning and have the next 2 days off! That I am excited about, what I am not excited about is the parking situation right now. The only parking that I can find is in the one hour zone. As soon as I can get real parking it will officially be my weekend.
I have some plans to jump into my kitchen and get rid of stuff that I am not using or will never use. I went to a workshop last Saturday that was about organizing your kitchen. That is one thing that our kitchen here is really needing. My goal too is to get rid of at least 2 boxes of things that I don't use or never will. I think that I will be able to do it..its going to be a little fall cleaning. At the workshop they talked about a bunch of different things that I will be able to use when I am cleaning out my kitchen. When we took that last load to Goodwill it was so nice, I would like to have that feeling again :)
Also I have some crafting that I am going to be working on. Still working on my starbooks. I have several that are almost all the way done, they are just needing to bound and glued. I just want to work on the insides right now and then I will just spend a whole day putting the finishing touch on them when there is a stack. It feels so good to be able to craft! My stuff sat way too long in boxes down in our storage area.
Currently right now I am reading the book, The Help. At first I wasn't so sure that I would want to read it because I felt like I was just hopping on the bandwagon (or whatever the saying is) and that it was going to be way too girly for me. One day while I was downtown waiting for Brad to get out of class, me and my nook went to Barnes & Noble. When you are there with your nook you are able to read any book that they have for free for a hour a day. I was just curious to see what the big deal was about it. That is just the right amount of time to get you hooked! Let me tell you that store knows what they are doing. I've gone back several times so that I can read more of it. I don't feel so bad about reading it either because I have a friend that just read it and said that it was real good. So if he can enjoy it then I can too :)
Still loving the lazy susan on my table. That thing is so amazing! I think it is so awesome when someone can see something and are able to reproduce it. I try to have the eye to do stuff like that, homemade stuff is so much better then going and spending money when you can make it more personalized and most of the time cheaper. With my veggies that I got from the farmers market I made a kick ass soup. Brad turned his nose up at it and didn't try it. Its his loss..all the fresh veggies were yummy! I have 2 bowls the first night and I am thinking that is what is going to be on the menu of lunch/dinner.
Now that I have made a list of things that I want to accomplish on my "weekend," we will actually see how much of it I will be able to get done. I know that I am a big planner and there is never enough time to get it all finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment