Thursday, October 27, 2011

Science and Such..

I made it to my days off..I don't know if I was going to be able to make it :) Work the last 10 days have been super crazy. We have had 2 visits and inventory. I haven't felt stressed about having people come and tour my department but my body has giving me signs. I've got the hugest sore inside my mouth and it makes me drool. It is one of the signs that my body gives me that I need to stop stressing. Today is my day to chill.

Brad has been working really had this semester and is currently in the midterm stage of the semester. He is really ready just to get back to work on his woodblocks that he has been working on. He blames art history for taking up all of his time..this is his last semester of that class or at least for this degree. He is not a fan!

The last couple of months when we have gone into bookstores we have been checking out the science section to find research material for Brad's prints that he is working on. I found him a real awesome book that has 5,000 different theories, most of which are scientific but they are from all different fields. His painting teacher found that book to be interesting as she flipped through it. It is helping him build his ideas for what his prints are going to be about. To walk into his studio right now you would think that he was a science major not an art major with his blackboard of scientific writings on it.

Some of the things that I have learned through him are very weird and interesting. The one that creeps me out the most is that there was a group of scientist that together and decide that they were going to send out things from earth on Voyager Spacecraft. There is a list of photos, songs, and sounds that they put records when they sent it out. Some of the things I didn't think were that friendly for other creatures to find and if it did reach something out there and they came back to earth they would be very confused because technology has changed so much. Just thinking about all of this just blows my mind.

The other night when we were walking around we decided that we would just walk into Half Price Books and check what they had. In their clearance section they had A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking. Brad is looking for another book by him so he walked away and left it there. Last night I talked him into going back and just getting the book. He isn't going to find it for $2 anywhere else. He was careful with the book that he choose out and he showed me the one that he got. In the front cover it says, "Happy 60th Bob and Elsie." We were thinking about it and there is a good chance that those 2 are dead. Just a weird thought.

Brad's piece, "Lords of Space Time" got into a show. This show is going to be at Snow College in Ephraim. I will post more info about it when I find out more. This is a very exciting thing for us. Our families out in Utah are going to be able to see Brad's art that he has been working on the past semester without having to be up here in Seattle. Well that is just about all that is happening here with us for the week. Time to get back to crafting!

No comments: