Saturday, October 22, 2011

Just Waiting..

That is what I feel like I do all morning on Saturdays before I go to work. Saturday and Sundays are the nights that I close at work so I kind of get a morning to myself. I like Saturday mornings when I have money because of the farmers market. This weekend is one that I don't so I am sitting here working on my books.

My "weekend" was a good one. I think that I got everything on my list that I wanted to do completed. In my kitchen I was only able to get one BIG box of stuff that I am going to give to Goodwill. It was not my 2 box goal that I had given myself but I feel good about it. There is nothing better then getting rid of the junk that you will never use. When Brad got home from school he went to the box and tried to open it because he didn't know what I was doing. I told him he wasn't allowed to look in there because what he doesn't know won't hurt him on the stuff that I want to get rid of. He is all for getting rid of stuff that we don't use or want.

I've been using my kitchen more the last month then I think I have since I moved here. I have been cooking more food here and trying to be creative with it. What Brad will eat sometimes limits what I can cook, but I will say that he is doing a ton better then when we first got married. When I buy hamburger, I get it from Sam's Club so it is one of those HUGE packages. Luckily for use we have a food saver that we just love. I am able to get the bigger packages of meat and freeze them for a later time. This has saved us many times when we haven't had the money to go and get food. Brad and I always joke that you know we are having a poor week because we are eating steak and salmon (from the stash that we have in our freezer!)

The other night I decided that I was going to make meatloaf. Call me crazy but this is one of my favorite things to eat, Brad doesn't like, go figure. I had all of the supplies to make it and I didn't want the meat and veggies go bad. I looked up a recipe online to just see what goes into meatloaf because I have only made it once in the past 5 years. I didn't use the recipe that I looked at but made it into my own creation. I made it into mini loaves and put bacon onto of it. It was a tad bit spicy because the red pepper flakes came out faster then what I was planning but Brad came home and ate it without complaints! We are moving a step forward..

I finished reading my book, The Help. It was a really good one and I can see why they made it into a movie. The movie is one that I will never see because I don't like shows like that and I don't see how they could make it as good as the book. Now I am onto the next book that I need to read. Don't know what it is going to be yet..any ideas on what I should read next let me know. I feel so out of the loop when it comes to books.

Last night we went on a long walk. I was just needing to get out of the apartment for a while. We started walking up a street that we drive down all of the time but have never walked down. Its funny how you think you know a place but when you actually spend the time and look there is so much more that it has to offer. We found a bead shop, I was in heaven. I have been looking for some blue pearls to make a necklace. I am picky when it comes to it, I don't like pearls that are perfect and I want some brighter colored ones. This place had some that I think would work for good price. Something that I will put on my list to do later.

Last but not least Brad got into a show at Snow College with one of his prints! Good Job Brad..I will post more details on this when I get them. On Monday we are going to be sending the work to Utah. Its always exciting when he gets into a show. With the work that he is doing he has been getting good reviews from everyone that has seen it, which ranges from visiting artist to different professors. He must be doing something right :) If you haven't had a chance to check out his art work you really should. He had been keeping up on the stuff that he is doing this semester, Brad Taylor Art.

That is quick update on what has been happening in our lives. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Journey Rocks! said...

I love reading your blog! I was just thinking about Mom's pizza meatloaf recipe. That is my all-time favorite meatloaf but it is messy to bake if not covered.