Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bang..

This past weekend was a busy one for me. At work we were slammed so when I got home all I wanted to do was just sit down and not do anything. I was counting down the days until Wednesday because that was my next day off. Well everyone that Wednesday is now and I got to sleep in!

For the 4th of July I wanted to see fireworks this year. I don't remember the last time that I have seen fireworks and truthfully I don't think that I have since I was in high school. Now that has been a couple of years. I normally have to work on the 4th and this years was no exception to the rule but Bradley and Derek were nice enough to walk down to Gas Works to claim a spot. I will have to say that they got us a great spot! This is the view of Lake Union. The boat that is out on the water is where they shoot off the fireworks.


It was kind of a last minute thing that Derek came and went with Brad. I had been wanting to go and see the fireworks there ever since I had heard that was where people went to watch them. Brad had told me about that the first time that he lived here and it has been in my brain that it was something that I needed to do. With me having to close at work I had my doubts that it was going to happen because Brad and me were just going to "play it by ear" and see what happened when I got home. When Derek talked to Brad and they made plans to do something that day I knew that it was going to happen! I am so happy that it is one thing that I can cross of my list of things that I want to do while I am living up here. I think that it totally kicked the crap out of any other fireworks show that I have been to!


This is the three of us sitting on the freaking steep hill after we had ate :) Behind us is just a small preview to that amount of people that were there.


I had a fine dinner with Brad and Derek that consisted of a Lunchable, chips, cookies, and water. By the time that I got there it was around 7 and I was starving so I was real grateful for the food that they had. Brad took a picture of me eating but I was lucky enough that I didn't have a face full of food. That is how food pictures normally are. The meal was totally something that people buy when the have the munchies, but when the got it all the justified it because it wasn't going to melt in the heat that we had.

This picture here of Derek is more like the food shots that I was talking about :) Oh Derek, how we love you! By this time we were starting to get a little antsy with our butts going numb from sitting a super steep hill. I'm not going to complain too much about that though. We got amazing seats. I was happy that those two left a couple hours earlier to claim a spot and that they didn't wait for me to get off of work. I don't think that we would have been able to get a spot to sit and nothing like the view that we had. We would have been somewhere behind the hill.

Gas Works was more magical the later it got. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the structures. The fireworks didn't start until ten and it was completely dark. I had a couple of hours to kill while we were sitting there.

There were people lighting off their own fireworks, I'm guessing that they were doing it off their boats. There isn't any other place that I can think of that would have the space to do it. This is one of my favorites that I got.

Finally when 10 came they started the program. The fireworks were coordinated with music, very cheesy music, and lasted for quite sometime. They had all different types of fire works that they were shot off. Some of them looked like smiley faces and hearts. Others moved differently and the only way to describe it was like a jelly fish and Brad's favorite type looked like popcorn.

Popcorn


It was a fun night and one heck of a show!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing :-)