While we were hiking there were signs that said don't go past the logs because there were unstable bluffs. All we could see past the logs was a lot of vegetation and no indication of the bluffs. Once we had walked the trail a little longer we got to see the whole scene. This photo shows the beach, bluffs, and all of the pretty greenness.
At Discovery Park I think that I read that there is something like 500 something acres of land in this park. There is a loop, which we walked on that is about 3 mile long and it circles the whole park. There are many other trails that we are going to have to go do another day. There was a bunch things located that we were not able to see.
This was the point of the hike where we finally got to see the water and decided that we needed to walk down to the beach. I like the clouds and the yellow grass that is in this photo with Brad, his face is a little dark but when I turned on the flash it made it look like Brad was Photoshop.
I don't know what I was looking at. Must have been interesting :) This had the flash and I look superimposed. When we had started hiking there was a bunch of clouds in the sky but the sun eventually made its way out and had to burn me. I just need to know to carry around sunscreen all of the time.
Here is the view from one of the benches that is set up on the way down to the beach.
As we were walking through all of the trees I had to explain to Brad how it smelt like Halloween. The smell of wet dead leaves always reminds me of going trick or treating on base. Its just one of those childhood memories.
The beach had a lot of different things to look at and we spend a lot of time looking around at the different things to be discovered.
Down at the beach Brad freaked out about this cool Bird. He liked its long neck and that it didn't match any other birds that were there.
Dead little crab. Its hard to know how big this little guy was from this photo but he was about 2 inches long.
Brad found half of Ariel's bra..
At the end of the beach there was a weird peninsula (that word is harder to spell then one would think). I had to fight off the birds but we ran out on it to take pictures before the tide came in.
During this trip I finally got some good photos of me with Bradley where he isn't pulling a face. By this time he was just hungry and didn't put up to much of a fight.
As I had mentioned in previous posts, whenever the picture of us is off centered it was me that took the photo. This is another good example of my handy work :)
One discovery that we made while we were at the park was that Bradley could walk on water.
This photo is for Pat. We had to hurry take a quick photo of it and leave. There was a wedding party that was taking photos and we didn't want to be that guy and be stuck in the background.

2 comments:
Thank you thank you thank you! :-)
Looks like a really pretty place!
Post a Comment