Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bodom..

I haven't posted for a little bit, haven't been feeling the greatest the past week. It was even bad enough that I called in to work and went to a doctor. I'm feeling a little better and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't relapse tonight when I go to work. This is the 3rd time this year that I have gotten sick with a cough and sore trout. When ever I get a cold or my allergies start to act up it goes straight to my lungs and I get that nasty deep cough. I have always been this way so its just something that I have gotten used to. My mom can tell stories about me getting sick like this. Not that much fun. I was told that some people are prone to getting that and that I am one of the lucky people, yay for me :) I was prescribed an inhaler to use when ever I get the feeling in my chest that I am starting to get sick. I've used it the last couple of days and it seems to be helping me. I have to work in the freezer tonight to do my inventory so wish me luck.

On a better note..in spite of me being sick, Brad and me still went to a concert that we have been planning on going and seeing for months. One of his friends works at the venue and gave us a poster. This is what my fridge looks like..

The show was awesome! Every single band that played was actually really good. It seems like when you go to a concert that there is always that one group that you just want them to shut up and go away, but there wasn't on at this show. You really got your moneys worth of music.

Children of Bodom were the head lining band and have been a group that Brad has wanted to see for years. The first group that played was Obscura. We had looked them up and they were quite nerdy, perfect for a metal band. The next group that went on was Septic Flesh and I would have to say that I enjoyed they presentation the best. They have props and a lot going on, on the stage as they were performing. The last group to play before Bodom was a group called the Devin Townsend Project. When they first got onto stage I was a little unsure about the singer. He was a fat bald guy, I could not picture him at a metal concert. But I will say that he shocked me and really had the groove on. I just wish that I was not as sick as I was, I know I must have looked like the bitchy wife that didn't want to be there at all. I couldn't cheer or hardly move with out sending myself into a coughing attack, but inside I was jumping with excitement to be at the concert.

There is just something about guys playing metal with their long hair that I just love..I keep telling Brad that he needs to grow his out again. The answer is always the same, HELL NO! There was a ton of hair at this show. It makes me laugh. For Bodom we actually found some seats so we sat and watched them. We were in the bar area so we were higher then everyone on the floor and I got to see the whole concert, but it goes with out fail that some big guy has to come and stand in front of me. The guy at this concert was built like a freaking brick! I'm not joking when I say that he was as wide as two of me put together. I had seen him in the mosh pits and the people we bouncing off of him. He smelt horrible and I was glad he was only in front of me for a couple of songs before he headed back to the pits. I don't know how I have a magnet for those type of people to come stand in front of me.

We are still needing to buy our Zombie/Slayer tickets. I am excited for that show. Zombie puts on an fantastic show and I can only imagine what Slayer is like live.

1 comment:

Journey Rocks! said...

Sorry to see that you have that junk again. I hope you feel better soon!