Friday, July 22, 2011

Lighter..

Today Brad and I got rid of 4 boxes and a garbage bag to donate to Good Will. It feels so good to get rid of junk that we don't need. It has gotten us thinking about other areas in the apartment where we could dejunk. Sometimes I feel like we have so much crap that it is just suffocating, there is nothing better then the feeling of getting it our of our lives. Its time to reevaluate everything that we have and get rid of what we are not using or haven't used since we moved up here. I don't want anything like the move that we had getting up here. Too much stuff. I would like to cut out things in half. If we keep working on it, I think that we can do it!

Today is my day off of work. I am not looking forward to going in tomorrow. I have a feeling that it is not going to be a good day due to events that happened and were out of my control yesterday. Maybe if I keep thinking positive everything will be taken care of while I was off today but I am not going to hold my breath. It has been a crazy couple of weeks.

On a more positive note, I have been working on a blanket for the last couple of weeks. This is a project that I have had in my head for years. I started getting the supplies for it when I lived in Ephraim and Ace Hardware went out of business. I was able to pick up a lot of yarn for super cheap when it did. When I get done sewing it all together in the next couple of days I will take a picture of it and post it. It is turning out so cute. I am happy with the results I am getting from it.

I have been thinking of my next project that I want to do when I am done and I think that I am needing to pull out my scrapbook supplies and do something with that. They are currently sitting and gathering dust. Brad is going to kill me when I do because I tend to get a little messy, but I swear that I am getting better and trying to keep my mess to a minimum. I have just been in the crafting mood the last couple of weeks. I have let my stuff sit too long in storage and my juices are boiling over. I get to watch Brad do his art and while he was been doing that I seem just to watch movies instead. Well not anymore! I have more projects in my head that I am wanting to do.

Finally had another sunny day out here in Seattle. I like to see blue skies. The last couple of days have been overcast and rainy. This didn't really matter to me though, I have been inside at work. I have been enjoying the cooler temps out here this summer, so much better then baking in the sun. It is just nice to have the option on my days off to go do something outside. Other then going to Good Will, getting gas in my car, and buying black yarn, today has been uneventful and full of relaxation. Exactly what I was needing!

I have officially put in vacation time at Sams, for when my brother is going to be out here. I have been trying to figure out what we are going to do with him while he is here. There is so much to do that I am having a hard time settling on what to do. Brad and me are constantly finding fun cheap things to do that the chooses are limitless. I am looking forward to having time off with him. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that when he comes out in August that we have good weather while he is here and nothing too hot. I am counting down the days. He will be here in one month. Hope that these next couple of weeks go by fast!

Well that just about sums up everything that has been going on the last couple of days. Like I said before, when I get my blanket done I will share!

2 comments:

Just the two of us said...

love your new hair color! and your shirt is extra girly for you,I LIKE it! and in your happy colors too! I've been wanting to paper craft also. . . here's to hoping that it all turns out amazing!

Jena Harper said...

It feels so nice to dejunk. We had to do that with the baby coming and all and it was seriously amazing how much crap we got rid of. Anyway looks like you two are having a great time living up in Seattle! :-) I like your hair to!