Friday, July 8, 2011

Dr. Strangelove..

My favorite movie theater in Seattle this weekend is showing some of Stanley Kubrick's films. It was an overcast day yesterday so we decided that we could go and see Dr. Strangelove on the big screen. It was a lot of fun. We tried to get Derek to go with us but he had been to the dentist earlier in the day and was not feeling up to going to a movie. Tonight we are going to go see The Shining. We had to choose between this one or Clockwork Orange. I was happy to hear that Brad felt the same way and was wanting to see The Shining more. I am really interested to see it on the big screen. All three of these movies are ones that we own, but who knows when we will get another chance to be able to see them on the big screen again. Plus tonight we get an added bonus and Derek is going to come with us to it. I'm ready for the scariness that that movie has to offer.

This movie theater is the greatest experience that I have ever had in a movie theater. It feels like you are going to an old fashion movie house. There is a velvet curtain that they open when the movie starts and we like to sit on the balcony in the big soft seats. The treats are also reasonably priced unlike any other movie place that you go to now a days. There is carpet on the floor and not sticky gross like other theaters are. Another thing that I really like about this place is that they have costumes from different movies on display. There are two glass cases with 4 outfits in each. It didn't even register to me that they might change what they have on display because it had always been the same thing, but when we went there yesterday there were new costumes.


This costume that I am standing by I think is the best/funniest one that I have ever see. Have any of you ever seen the movie Zoolander? Well this is what Mugatu and his little dog wear in the last scene. I was more excited about seeing this the I think is healthy for someone! I love that movie, I think that it is one of my favorites of all time! Its a cell phone photo but I will take what I can get! I find it real interesting to see the size that these actors are in real life. I always thought that Will Ferall (how ever you spell it) was more chubby then what this looked like. Maybe it was the skinnyness from his youth..

Well I think that it is time that I go and take a nap. I had to work an early morning shift this morning and if I am going to survive the rest of tonight I have to try and get a little more sleep then 3 hours. The movie is going to be a late night one..starts at 10:15, but I'm not complaining because that was the only way that we could get Derek with us because of a dumb little thing called work :)

1 comment:

Journey Rocks! said...

I really wish the I could see "The Shining" with you! Sounds like you will have a fun time. :)

Love the Mugatu outfits!