Monday, June 20, 2011

Mountian Goats..

Two of our really good friends came up for the weekend to visit and to go to a concert. They left sometime around 10:30 p.m. Utah time and began the trek up here. That is a drive I don't envy and if I never have to do it again I would be happy..900 miles is a REAL long drive in a car. Later that night after we ate at Best of Bentos and then headed downtown and went to the concert. It was good music but we were all exhausted especially Neil and Erin after the ride.

Brad had told them that we were not going to do the tour guide thing and we would just hang out. After we finally crawled into bed Thursday night none of us wanted to wake up the next day. It was so nice to get some sleep! We went back down town to Pikes and went to a bookstore that we had stopped at before the concert, Left Bank Books. Erin had seen several books that she wanted to get but didn't buy them because they would have sucked to carry into the concert.

While we were at Pikes Place Market we stopped and took pictures..

This is Neil and Erin at the Gum Wall..


Neil pointing to the little guy and all his manly goods..


Bradley doing his Bradley thing..


This is one of two pictures that we have of all four of us. Too bad that the sun had to be in the corner and make it so dark. This picture also makes me look extremely short.




We went and looked at the different shops that Pikes had to offer. We went to an old poster store, joke shop, and comic book store. By the time that we had reached the comic book store I was a little shopped out. Also in a comic book store I am so far out of my comfort zone and don't understand what a bunch of that stuff even is but I don't mind hanging out there. I married a dork so I knew what I was getting into :)

We walked down to the pier just to chill for a little while. There was a weird boat that was spraying water real high in the air. We stood there for a long time and was not able to figure out what it was exactly. If you know what it is let me know! I don't even know how a boat could be spraying that much water that high in the air.


Here I am sitting and enjoying my cherry pepsi. This adventure out in the sun I actually remembered to put sunscreen on. Yay for me!


Bradley and his city..


Hey Neil and Erin, it the honeymoon is over..


"Than (lets) explain our guy love, that's all it is
Guy love he's mine I'm his
There's nothing gay about it in our eyes."

*Guy Love song is from Scrubs. Perfectly describes their relationship.

Down on the pier there was also a huge boat. I think I took a million pictures of this before I finally found the angle that was going to get the most boat and less direct sunlight it it. Once again Brad is being a punk.




Once we were done at the Pier we headed for Pioneer Square and got Philly Cheese Steaks! Yum Yum..this is my favorite thing in the whole world to eat and we found a good place called Tats that makes them east coast style. Not as good as Charlies Steak House in Philly, but I will take it. Once we got back to the U-District we took them out to WOW's Bubble Tea and got bubble teas. In my opinion there is no way that you can come to Seattle and not get one! They are one of my favorite treats. We also stopped by Buffalo Exchange and found clothes. I got a real nice jacket that fit perfect. Also while I was there I found a pair of Converse shoes that fit perfect. I like to call them my anti-hippie Converses because that are made of leather.

The next day I had to work so while I was gone Brad took them on a tour of the U-District and showed them all the cool places that are by our house. He showed them all the places that we like to go hang out at and when we have money, shops that we can actually go inside of, aka record and book stores.

When I got home we went out for dinner at one of mine and Brad's favorite Indian places, Taste of India. Then we headed for a long walk. We walked through Wallingford and stopped by Archie McPhees and got some good laughs and then it was off to the Fremont Troll.

When we got there this is what the Troll looked like..



Pretty freaking awesome don't you think? The glasses were doing some major tricks with my camera's focus. The glasses are in focus but the people are not so much, kind of a shame if you ask me but I'm happy that we at least got a picture of it dressed up.

We ended the night with our favorite place in the city, which is Gas Works Park. I don't think that I could ever get sick going there. I think that this was one of the first places that Neil was able to see the Space Needle. Like I said at the beginning we didn't want to really do the tour guide thing and wanted to show them around in the places that we like to hang.




Brad and me have both decided that they need to move up here too. Seattle is so much cooler then Provo! Thanks guys for making the trip up, hope that we showed you a good enough time to convince you :)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for sharing - love the photos!

Tom Hill said...

Looks like a fun visit. Nice pictures!