Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deception Pass..

Yesterday was my birthday and it just so happened that I took the day off. This was not planned, but because I had the day off Bradley decided that he would take the day off too so we could go do something fun. He planned that we were going to go to a place called Deception Pass and hang out on the beach. It is about a hour and a half north of Seattle. As we were driving there I made the comment to Brad that it was the furthest north that I have even been in the United States. Made me also decide for sure that I have to get my pass port so we can go to Canada while we live here. Its not that far from us...but now back to my birthday.

Before we left Seattle we checked the weather forecast and it said that it was going to be 30% rain and we left in a down pour. We were counting for the worst but when we got there it was sunny and warm. We only brought heavy sweatshirts and boy did we plan wrong! A lot of the photos that we got we couldn't help but to be squinting :)

I had no idea what to expect at this place. I went on the internet and tried to research it before we left. We heard that there were trails, but I couldn't find a trail system until we got there. At this park there are two huge bridges, forest, and beach. It is all very pretty.



Bradley is not one that is known for taking risks. This bridge was pushing him to his limits. Heights are not his friend. This is a photo of him standing on the beach with the biggest bridge behind him. This is the exact bridge that just minute before I had made him cross. When he is with me he has to brave and follow me :)



Here we are crossing the bridge. The view that was up there was just amazing. I have never really experienced anything like this. We were so high above everything and there was absolutely nothing blocking the view. Brad is holding on for dear life. I stopped because I was wanting to take some pictures of the view that we had on top of the bridge. He got upset because he was able to feel the bridge move with the weight of cars and semis that were driving past.










So he soon passed me and kept on going..and going..and gone!





























Yeah he was funny but now I am done picking on him :) At least for the time being. He was a good sport about having to cross the bridge and then having to turn around and cross it again.




There was a real nice gentleman that was crossing the bridge behind us that offered to take our picture. It was a good one and Brad is done being scared for a minute.


Here I am standing under the bridge.




Brad was showing where he had just been on the bridge. This is just before we went on the second half of the walk across the bridge. Behind the beams that Brad is standing in front of is the beach that we went and hung out on for the rest of our stay there. I don't know if I mentioned it or not but this place is huge! As we were walking towards the trail to go down on the the bridge and this was the sign that we read..






Bradley would like to say, "See that is why I was so scared!"


Enjoying the beach and the view of the water and the bridge.





There are a lot of gross things that we also found on the beach. Like I said before the reason that I think that I think that way is because I didn't grow up near water at all. Utah Lake doesn't count!!!






The sun was really bright by this time of our visit. It was getting real tricky trying to take pictures when we were having to stare into the sun.


Brad was watching me from a distance. He laughed at me because there was one time that the water rushed in and almost got me when I was watching it. Would not have been that big of a deal if I wasn't wearing real shoes.

As we were driving the car I was getting really creep out about how close we were driving to the water. I don't think my little car would have been able to float!



All and all it was a good birthday. Better then what the trend of what my birthdays normally are. I'm so glad that Bradley likes me and wanted me to have a good birthday!

No comments: