Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Concerts..

Next weekend some of our really good friends, Neil and Erin, are coming out to Seattle for a quick weekend visit. Erin's favorite band, The Mountain Goats, are playing up here so we all have tickets to go see them. Personally they are not my favorite group and only have one song that I like, but it is a great excuse for them to come out. They are going to make the drive from Utah and go to the concert all in the same day if I am understanding correctly. I think that is going to make for a freaking LONG day if that is the case, but you have to do what you have to do. Besides the concert I don't know what they are planning on doing while they are out here. I will have to get on that so we can make sure that they get to see what they want while they are here.

Bradley and me have a list of concerts that we are going to be going to this summer. It is nothing compared to the list that we went to last year, but just the same it is going to be a kick ass summer as far as concerts go. To start out the summer we will go to the Mountain Goats, like I mentioned before. Then on the 27th we are going to go see Children of Bodom. Brad is still stuck in his metal kick that he has been in since we moved up here and saw Ozzy. I am excited to see this group, I love seeing metal bands. There is always so much energy.

This morning I bought us tickets to go and see Weezer. I haven't like the last couple of albums that they have put out, but this concert they are just going to play the Blue Album and Pinkerton. It is so going to be worth the money that we spent..in my opinion those are the only 2 albums of theirs that I like. This concert is going to be just their good music and none of the stuff that I don't like.

The last concert that we are going to and I still need to buy tickets is for Rob Zombie and Slayer. I am sooo...excited about this one. We saw Rob Zombie a year and a half ago in Salt Lake and he was just amazing! The guy knows how to put on a freaking good concert!

These are all the concerts that we currently have lined up to go see. As others come along and they are something that we decide to go to I will have to let you all know. I think that going to concerts is my favorite thing to do it the whole world. There is nothing better then hearing a live band. When we got up here I was excited because it seems like Seattle would be such a great place to go and see all the shows but they are so much money. I miss not having the concert venues where when a show was not selling that they would offer ten dollar tickets to fill up the place. For all I know there are places up here like that but I just don't know about it. Finding all the ends and outs of places has been the hardest thing. When I was in Utah I always knew who was coming and where they were playing at. So far we have only gone to 2 concerts up here and one was down in Tacoma.

Well it is time for bed now. I will keep you updated on all that is going on!

No comments: