The weather out here in Seattle is finally turning sunny and warm. Today was my first Sunday that I have had off for long time, so Bradley and I decided to take a walk. When we started out I told Brad I wanted to get a treat..nothing too much out of the norm for me :) Brad's solution was to walk the main strip in Wallingford to find a bakery.
We ended up getting picnic food and then walked down to Gas Works Park. This is still our favorite place to go in the city. We walked down a road that we hadn't ever gone down before, just headed towards the water. The road turned out to be a dead end for cars and there was a staircase that was for people.
In the middle of the staircase was this public art..

I joked with Brad that he was pulling this face because there was a biker (yellow thing to the left) had a huge butt. It was fun looking at this. It was made from drawings from an elementary school. It was neat to look at the creatures that these kids came up with. I love that on these adventures that we go one we are constantly finding new things to look at.

In some of these pictures we are pulling faces because we were staring into the sun. Now you have been warned. I liked how the clouds were over Aurora bridge. Brad doesn't like this photo but he has no control on what I put up :) Here we are sitting and enj0ying the picnic soaking up the sunshine in our 67 degree weather. Its funny to think that 67 is considered to be really warm weather. The other day I thought I was going to die be cause I was over heating. Come to find out it was 75 degrees outside. Brad now jokes about how I overheat at room temperature. I don't know how we survived with the high 90's in Utah.

I like to have pictures of the two of us. I am always trying to these pictures with the both of us and they always seem to turn out the same way. They turn out better when Brad is taking them. He has longer arms then I do and he has better aim then I do. When ever I try to take the picture I can't get it centered and always end up just getting either Brad or just me in it and at an extreme close up. I need to practice more to get it figured out. The background in the next couple of pictures we thought looked so fake. I swear the they are not Photoshopped. The colors today were amazing and the sky was so blue!
This is the view that we had for the hill that we were sitting on. The park was busy today and so was the water. We like to watch the different types of boats that people have. There was also a ton of planes that were flying over the water too. We always try to take pictures of the planes but they never look the same as what you experience in real life. They don't look as close in photos as they really are. Maybe one day we will get a good photo of them.

This is a self portrait..

I would like to say that wearing a burnt orange shirt is a bad color to wear when you are wanting pictures taken of you. It is a color that makes you look fat. Brad was trying to get a good photo of me wearing my new dress that I got for my birthday and my shirt made me look like it was adding a good 20 pounds to me. This is the best that we were able to get. Please don't be blinded by the white legs :)

This was the last photo that I took before we left the park. By this time Brad was done taking photos. Notice the placement of us? Yeah this is a photo that is taken by me :)
2 comments:
I love these pictures! I'm so glad that you are having a fun time. Every day I look at the weekly temperature for your place and usually it is cloudy with a chance of rain so it is fun to see some sun in the background.
who's that fat guy next to you? oh wait....
Post a Comment