Wednesday, September 7, 2011

End of My Vacation..

I'm sitting here tonight starting to stress out about having to go back to work. I have felt all weekend that I have forgotten to do something before I left, guess that I will find out tomorrow what it was. I'm hoping that it wasn't anything too important. I also wish that I had a couple more days off. I have a feeling that it is going to be a long/crazy holiday season. This will be my first official holiday season as a team lead.

Today was Bradley's first day of school. (sorry I didn't take his photo) It is crazy to think that he is starting his senior year in college. He has big plans for this semester on what he is going to be getting out of it. I am real excited to see what he cranks out. On Friday he is going to be getting his studio at school. It will be nice for him to have his own space that is outside of the house. There are just too many different distractions at home. I don't think that I would be able to concentrate and try to do art. Actually I know I couldn't!

I went downtown to have lunch with Brad and he was on cloud nine. He had some awesome news to share with me when I meet up with him. He has a work study job in the registration office and he helps a lot of students add and drop classes. There is a class that he has always wanted to get into, screen printing, but it is a class that fills up fast and has never worked out with his schedule. Well today there was a girl that came in that was needing to drop the class because it is offered on Saturday and she couldn't make it work for her. Brad directed her to the lady that could help her find another class to fill the spot. As they were dropping the class Brad hopped online and took that spot right as she dropped it. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! This is a dream come true :)

The second thing that happened today for Brad was his print teacher came into the office wanting to talk to him. She had asked him if the lab assistant had talked to him yet, which he replied no. Well he was informed that they were looking for work study students to work in the printmaking lab. He went and talked to the lab assistant because this is his dream job. It just so happens that the time that they are needing a worker is the only time that he would be able to do it. Double score for him. This will be something good to add to his resume! All and all it was a fantastic day for Brad!

This past weekend we headed up to Portland to stay with some friends. It was a real blast. As soon as I get the photos off of my camera I will put some of the photos up, which means tomorrow when I get off of work.

Well I hope that everyone had a fun Labor Day weekend, doing whatever you were doing. This is my second year missing Onion Days. I can't believe that I have almost lived in Seattle for a whole year. A couple more days and I will have hit my mark. It is so freaking crazy how much time has flown! The days out here have started to be shorter, I noticed this last week. I guess that we are almost back into the classic Seattle weather. Means that I can pull out all of my sweatshirts and sweaters :) That is my favorite time of the year.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sorry, I just realized you already said you'd post pics - can't wait to see!
So proud of you kids for all the things you have accomplished!