Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend in Portland..

This post is a little later then what I was wanting to do it but life has just been crazy for me the past week. I am sad that my vacations are over with and I will not be having another one until after the holidays. Anyways I hope that you enjoy seeing what we did over Labor Day weekend!

The last couple of times that we have headed down to Portland our friends had told us about this art festival that is held during Labor Day weekend. I was able to get some time off of work so that we could go down there and check it out. It is called Art in the Pearl in downtown Portland. We spent a couple of hours walking through the booths that were set up. The weather was hot! I was so glad that there was a lot of shade, we couldn't find out sunscreen before we headed there.

There was some good art. We found a couple of booths that had some really good prints, both woodblock and lino cuts. I think that is what Brad had his eyes on. The booth that I enjoyed the most was an artist that handmade leather journals. I have a list of things that I want to learn and bind books.

Later that night we had a bbq and were able to catch up. At their house that have a very nice patio that we were able just to chill until the sun went down.

The next day we had a full day planned. We went to a park called Silver Falls State Park.


This is the whole group minus me..


My aim is getting better :)


Kayla, Drew, Libby, and Bradley


Another photo of the crew..


Drew and Kim


Notice my hiking flip-flops? I forgot to pack real shoes..


Brad was full of funny faces. We have a bunch of photos that Brad said he was pulling a Disney Princess face. Guess that it was just a magical place.


This was at the top of the first waterfall that we saw.


Kim made us all a lunch that we enjoyed after the hike. After we are we were refueled I could have hiked longer but we ended up heading back to Portland. This was a place that I would like to go back to and go on all of the trails. They were not long trails and something that could have been done in a few hours. It was so peaceful and beautiful there.

Later that night we went out to dinner at the Thirsty Lion. They had really yummy food and was a good place to go hang out before we headed back to Seattle. As a last little treat we went to a candy shop called Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe. I was as happy as a kid in a candy store..ha ha. I had a very hard time choosing out a couple pieces that I wanted to try. I think it took me about ten minutes before I made my final decision. They sat in my car the whole way home from Seattle because I needed to take a picture of them before I could eat them. Too silly I know but it make it that much yummier when I did eat them!


Salted caramel, raspberry cream, and key lime (which was my favorite)

That was a quick recap from our trip down to Portland. It was so much fun. I would just like to thank them for letting us come and visit. This is the 3rd time that we have gone and visited them since we have moved to Seattle. I love living this close to them and I know that Bradley feels the same!

Now I have to head back to bed for a couple of hours before I have to go to work. It is going to be an interesting night, there is three of us fresh team leads that are going for a over night shift so that we can clean ceilings. We were all excited about it that it was a little bit creepy. We will see how we feel about it later on in the morning.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Something is wrong in these pictures and I finally figured out what it is - Brad is wearing your shirt!
I'm so sorry I got the size messed up! :-(

Lib said...

Lol its all good. Did you notice how huge the shirt I was wearing? That is a small size and it still is drowning me :) Its hard when the shirt isn't a "girl" cut to figure out the size.