Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Survived..

T0day is my day of recovery. Not last night but the night before I worked an overnight shift at work. It was my idea because I was needing to get my ceiling washed in my bakery and I had to do it at a time when I wasn't going to have anyone there. Pretty much there is someone working in the bakery from 5 AM- 8 PM. That doesn't really allow for a cleaning overhaul to happen during the day. There ended up being 3 of us that needed to get our places cleaned for the same reason, and it makes it so much easier to do when there is more then just yourself. I love my job and everyone that I work with in the Fresh Department. I couldn't ask for a better place to be!

Our ceilings look very white and clean, but it did come with a price. We blew up one of the machines in the bakery..it was sparking a ton and then lots of smoke came out of it. Second exciting thing that we did was set off the fire alarm in the deli..I think that the night manager wanted to kill us.. The three of us had been up for over 24 hours and were starting to drag some major butt by the end of our shift. I don't think that all of the Monsters that we had drank helped to much at the end. It was exciting to be able to show off all of our hard work when the managers got there though!

I just finished another major project that I have been working on. I can't really talk about it too much here because I made it for someone that reads my blog. I will say that it is helping me get my creative juices flowing again. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I am going to take pictures of it and maybe if I remember after I give it to them I will post some photos. We will see though..my brain sometimes has a hard time remembering. I am hoping that they enjoy it when they get it. I've put a lot of time into it. Brad is going to be happy that I finished too because that means he will have a clean living room again. Sorry about that Brad!

Within the last week the weather up here has started to cool down. Its about time, that means that my apartment will be at a normal temperature again. This up coming Sunday I will officially have lived here a whole year. I can't believe how the time is flying! Brad has started his senior year at Cornish and has a very full plate this semester. We had some drama about his studio but it sounds like its getting worked out. Pretty much just have to find a time when I can drive his stuff downtown. We have made 2 trips to take things there and have ended up not leaving a thing. He is needing his space so that he can work on his wood blocks and not worry about getting wood chips into my carpet. Its been a little discouraging..but it will all work itself out.

Well time to pick up all my crafting supplies. Until later..

No comments: