It was too bright outside when we got there so a bunch of the photos we look like we are glaring at the camera.
There were a bunch of archways and water fountains located throughout the park. This park is located by the zoo and Green Lake Park.
There was even fish inside some of the ponds.


Panoramic shots..



Every time that we came near red roses Bradley started to sing a song about painting the roses red :)

I think that these wee some of my favorite flowers that were there. They had all of my favorite colors in just the one flower. Happy colors!



I loved the smell of all the roses. Some had more fragrance then others but there is nothing better then the smell of fresh flowers. Brad had a hard time smelling some of the flowers that were not extremely strong but at least he tried :) There was a lady that would grab flowers and just shove them right into her nose. She kept telling me which ones I needed to go smell because they smelt like different things. I got away from her as fast as I could. I wouldn't ever dare do what she was doing. It would be my luck that a bug would go up my nose! She was annoying..

The whole time that we were there I was looking for the type of roses that my Grandma used to grow in front of her house. The flowers above were the closes thing to them to them as I could find. The color is close but they don't look like them at all. The ones that she grew had a lot more petals. They were also very fragrant. I don't thing that these had a strong smell to them, but I don't remember. I wish I knew what type they were that she used to grow..

Next year when it is rose season we will have to make another trip over to see the garden. Hopefully it won't be so bright outside! It was a nice Sunday trip.
I think that these wee some of my favorite flowers that were there. They had all of my favorite colors in just the one flower. Happy colors!
I loved the smell of all the roses. Some had more fragrance then others but there is nothing better then the smell of fresh flowers. Brad had a hard time smelling some of the flowers that were not extremely strong but at least he tried :) There was a lady that would grab flowers and just shove them right into her nose. She kept telling me which ones I needed to go smell because they smelt like different things. I got away from her as fast as I could. I wouldn't ever dare do what she was doing. It would be my luck that a bug would go up my nose! She was annoying..
The whole time that we were there I was looking for the type of roses that my Grandma used to grow in front of her house. The flowers above were the closes thing to them to them as I could find. The color is close but they don't look like them at all. The ones that she grew had a lot more petals. They were also very fragrant. I don't thing that these had a strong smell to them, but I don't remember. I wish I knew what type they were that she used to grow..
Next year when it is rose season we will have to make another trip over to see the garden. Hopefully it won't be so bright outside! It was a nice Sunday trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment