Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reptile Zoo..

This holiday season has been great. At work they have been giving me an extra day off during the week of a holiday. I actually think that its the first time since I started working that this has happened but I am totally welcoming it. I'm in need of a vacation but this will do for now :)

Bradley and I were able to cross off another thing on our list of things that we want to do. A few months back someone told me about the Reptile Zoo. I went home and researched it. When I saw what it was I decided that we needed to go. It sounded fun and cheap. Joel had to work but this really isn't his type of thing so he didn't feel bad about missing out on it. We hopped in our car and off we went. It was further away then Brad was thinking..he was feeling guilty about us driving so far until we got there.


Libby and Brad outside the Zoo..
I'm pulling his strings so that he would smile instead of pulling a face.


Alligator snapping turtle..


Bradley looking at this turtle..
he said that he doesn't look alive even though he was moving.
The turtle was a weird looking animal..


Two headed turtle..


Libby standing by the albino alligator..


I loved his smile!


Bradley likes the tortoises.
 He thinks that they are funny and when we went to the Woodland Park Zoo his favorite animal there was the baby turtles. Brad is a funny guy.


These tortoises we were able to pet. 


Libby sitting by the indigo snake..
They are so pretty.


Mini guys..


Bradley keeping his distance from the animals..


Black Mamba
He was very active when we were there.. 
One of the employees walked past his cage with the feeding cart, he was looking for a snack. Glad that he was in a glass cage!


Libby standing by the black mamba..


Bradley standing with Draco.


Pretty snake..


Libby standing by the crocodile..


This is Rocko..
Brad and him are not friends.
About a minute after this picture he sprint after Bradley and scare the crap out of him. We have been laughing about it since it happened.


This large guy was a lot nicer then Rocko..
He just wanted to sit under his heat lamp.


Frogs..


ANACONDA!


Libby getting a closer look..


This was a big snake!


Bradley trying to get a picture to show how big this snake actually is..

 

Bradley hand..


Libby looking at the anaconda from under their tank. It was a little scary sitting under it because it was so huge but I doubt I will ever get to see the underside of one of these guys again (hopefully)!


Crocs and snakes..


Bradley getting a closer look at all the snakes..


Bradley and Jose (the Mexican snake)


This snake is eating his lunch. The only place I ever want to see a mouse!


Bradley the Cobra :)


Libby happily standing in front of the zoo :)

This zoo was well worth the time and money. When we first got there the guy that was taking our money and explaining some of the things that there were to explore reminded us of someone. We didn't say it while we were there but when we were driving home we both had been thinking the same thing. The guy was really nice but he really reminded us of Norma Bates from Psycho. We were just glad that he didn't start talking about taxidermy.

By the time that we had gone through the zoo and looked at everything we were starting to get really hungry. Outside in the parking lot there was a BBQ food truck. We decided that it would be worth looking into. Good thing that we did..the food was yummy. The place was called Old School BBQ and they had a funny theme with two school buses.



"The dining room"


Bradley waiting on the lunch bus..


Libby standing by the smoker at the Old School BBQ..

Pulled pork and brisket was what we ended up getting. We love bbq and ended up getting dinner for Joel while we were there. Yummy :)

This outing was very awesome. I don't know if we will ever make it back there because it is kind of out of our way but I would totally recommend this to anyone that can go out there. We were able to see a bunch of animals that we wouldn't normally get to see. It was a good day!

No comments: