Monday, January 20, 2014

Cars In Tacoma..

The car museum in Tacoma last weekend opened up a VW exhibit. I've been waiting for a day off so that Brad and I could head down to check it out. We also got our friends Rachel and Nick to go with us. The museum is a place that they have been wanting to go check out and this show just convinced them that now was the time to go :)


In the Lobby of the car museum was Bradley's dream muscle car..
Camaro Super Sport


Bradley standing next to a VW camper..
I could camp in something like this :)


Brad hated the bumper stickers..
"I saw Pearl Jam"


Libby standing next to the "Wedding Car."
The body is made out of rod iron. This originated from Mexico there is just a handful that were made for the Olympics. Each body is a little different. This is the one I was wanting to see and had read all about it before we even got there.


They just don't make cars like they used to. Everything is so cookie cutter now.


Herby..


This car that Bradley is standing by has the best of two worlds..
Brad's favorite color and sparkle seats which I totally dig


I think that is the only Porsche that I could ever drive. Its a beauty!


Bradley standing next to a Thing..


Bradley isn't too sure about all of the cars that were to look at..


This car was a vampire car. 
The bumper design was killer but there is something beautiful about it!


 Even the inside of these cars are amazing.


Libby standing by this 3 tone beauty..


Rachel, Brad, and Nick looking at different cars.


Bradley, Rachel, and Nick


Bradley standing by his dream car..
one day he might get a chance to ride in it.




 I love the old "boat" cars..
This are just a couple of the ones that I was able to get a good shot.


Bradley and his "I'm so over getting my photos taken" face..


Rachel, Nick, and Bradley checking out the cars..


The original bubble butt :)


Another sweet butt but this one is a little pointy..


Bradley and a mobster car..


This is the closest that Libby will get to ever driving a car like this.

At this place they are constantly bringing in new cars and rotating what they have to show. This is a car below that we hadn't seen before but thought that it was pretty cool. It was from the movie Christine.


Movie poster..


Full shot of Christine..


Bradley, Nick, and Rachel leaning in to get a better look at Christine.


Libby standing next to the ugliest car ever made..
This was some type of electric car or something like that.

One exhibit that a car museum wouldn't complete without would be a NASCAR exhibit. This place isn't lacking. This isn't my favorite part but the history behind it is pretty interesting.  


Bradley standing by the STP car..


See I was able to find a car that I liked in this area..

British Invasion


Either one of these cars we decided would make good art cars..


I want this Jaguar!
This car is sexy..



This is not exactly a car but still something that you don't see every day.

Following tradition we headed to to the Swiss after we had walked through the museum. They have the best food. Our timing the whole day was perfect. There was a Seahawk play off game in Seattle so when we were driving home we lucked out and totally missed the traffic and got to see fireworks from the stadium. Don't think that I could have asked for a better day off.

No comments: