Saturday, November 9, 2013

Joel's Birthday Dinner..

Tomorrow is Joel's birthday but tonight we decided that we would go out and celebrate. I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he kept saying that he didn't know what is good out here. Finally I got him to say that he was wanting some fried chicken. With a little research we found this place on Capital Hill. It was called The Kingfish Cafe and they served some great soul food!


Birthday boy and his fried chicken.. 


Bradley and his catfish. He even enjoyed the collard greens :)
Hell has frozen over! 


Birthday cake..
Two slices was way too much for the three of us.


Coconut cake and strawberries.. 
Joel loved the whip cream.


Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.  
This cake was right up Brad's alley.


Joel and Libby standing outside the restaurant.
Our seat was by the window on the right hand side.
Brad said "they put us in the window because we're so good looking."

I think that everything that we got there was delicious! I got a gumbo that was to die for..Joel just rolled his eyes as I struggled to crack open the crab leg that came with it. Its been years since the last time that I did that..don't think that I would have gotten that if I would have know that was going to happen :) As we were eating the food, we were talking about the different people that we should bring back to this place. One thing is for sure..we will be back. 

Hope that Joel will have a good birthday tomorrow. We both have to go to work but once we get home he will be able to open the presents that my mom has sent up here for him. I have seen him a couple times pick one of them up to exam them. Happy Birthday Joel!

1 comment:

Pat said...

You got Brad to eat collard greens? Wow, Hell definitely has frozen over! :-) (Chocolate cake - that's my boy)