Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving In Portland..

This year for Thanksgiving we headed to Portland to spend some time with the Fishers. We were going to do this last year but I was sick and we didn't make it down there. The joke is that if I mention that we are going to go to Portland then I am going to be sick and unable to go. (Seriously last year it happened 3 different times!) The parents bought a new place in Lake O and and we haven't been able to go and see it even through they have been there for about a year.


Pre-Thanksgiving dinner walk to pick up a couple things at the store..


The weather was so nice outside that I had to stop and take pictures. We looked and Portland was having better weather then Seattle so we made the right decision to go down there :)


Shopping center in Lake O..


Brad..Joel..Drew


Pretty awesome view..
One nice thing about Portland is that you are always close to water like you are in Seattle. It always makes for a good outing.


Bradley enjoying the sun..


Libby looking out at the lake..


Brad and Libby..


I stopped to look at the water and to take pictures. Brad was nice enough to hang out with me too..


I wanted to get my photo be this sign..
Brad thought that it was funny because in every shot I was doing a dance move.


One cool thing about the shopping center in Lake O is that they have sculptures everywhere and every year they get switched out. Bradley was trying to pose like this yellow guy.


Libby sitting next to the rock bed..


Bradley and his technology..


Cooking up a storm..


Libby snacking on a dip :)


Joel being Joel..


I was the one that had to jump in and start getting my plate ready to eat..


Bradley waiting for the food..


Look at all that yummy goodness!


I got a new phone the night that we headed down..I am still working on figuring it all out.


Joel messing around on his phone..
we are in a technology world.


Bradley messing around with the camera..


Their fire place was really neat. They had sparkly mirror and broken glass inside where the fire comes out. I have never seen anything like it but I do have to say that I am a fan.


Glass collection that they have by the stairs. Kim is really good at decorating and when she gets a vision in her head she is able to make it happen. She had talked about this but I never thought that it would turn out the way that it did. Looks like something that you would find in the glass museum (that was the look that she was going after.)



The guys in the food coma stage..

I am so glad that we have such great people that we are able to go and spend time with. Every time that we get together it is always such a blast. It was worth a whirlwind trip down to Portland. We had to leave early Thanksgiving night because Joel and I had to both be at work at 5 am..stupid black friday! It was worth the 24 hours that we were down there though! They invited us to come back for Christmas but I just don't think that one is going to happen with how the work schedules. It will be just another low key day in Seattle. Can't wait for the next time that we get together!

No comments: