My mom has a brother and his wife that live in Seattle. Mark and Kellie live about 20 minutes north of us and the only time that I see them is when my mom is in town. So about once a year :) They both had Friday off and decided that they were going to take us out. Due to the fact that I haven't had to dependable of a car we haven't gone on too many adventures that are far away from the city. The place that they were going to take us was to one of the islands.
The island that we went to was Whidbey Island. I guess that we have been there before but didn't really know it. The tip of it is Deception Pass, one of my favorite places that we have gone in Washington. When we went to Whidbey Island this time around we didn't make it that far north but we explored everywhere else. This is one of my uncle and aunts favorite places to go, so they knew what they were doing and what to go do.
With it being the middle of June it was right before the hot streak that we get up here in Seattle and everything was so alive and green. I try not to take pictures of flowers and stuff like that but I just couldn't help myself.
I'm a sucker for orange..
This was an inn in Langley. The landscaping was pretty awesome. My aunt and uncle fell in love with it. Mark said that the hedges were simular to what you would find in England. He hadn't seen anything like it here in Washington.
Kellie, Janet, and Mark..
Libby by a statue of seals..my dream is to see live ones.
Ebey's Landing..
Picnic by the water.
The green field and trees is where we went hiking after lunch..
Kellie and Janet..
Self shot to be able to show Brad..
View from the top..
Mark and Kellie walking to the car..
While we were driving to the ferry we drove past a field that had been just freshly plowed. I don't know what type of small animals it had disturbed but there was at least 10 or more eagles enjoying the feast. I have never seen anything like it. I was so excited about it that I forgot to get a photo of it.
Dinner that night was an interesting experience. I had heard my aunt and uncle talk about this place called the Grumpy Chef. The name is very fitting. It is a single Japanese chef that runs the whole gourmet restaurant by himself. This goes from being the waiter, cashier, gourmet cook, to dish boy. You have to call and make reservations to eat there. When you get there, there is a whole list of rules that you have to follow when your in there. No one dares to cross this guy. To tell you the truth it was a very stressful dinner but it was super yummy. It is a very unique and something that I am glad that we went and did. Sad that Brad didn't get to go with us because of him having to work but I don't know if I would be able to handle going there again.
Thanks Mark and Kellie for showing us such a great time..can't wait to bring Brad back out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment