Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dethklok..

Thanksgiving holiday has been a good one for me. It has worked out that I get 4 days off from work, something that is greatly needed after all the work that was done to get ready for Thanksgiving in the bakery. Brad has also had a couple days off with me and doesn't have to go back until tomorrow night at the school.

It has been pretty low key around our place. On Thanksgiving we did all the laundry that was starting to pile up and washed the dishes that have been waiting for us. I think that we actually used every single dish that we own :) We also have been spending a lot of time watching Netflix. We have has a list of movies that we have been wanting to see for a long time (in some cases years) and it has been a great excuse to do so. I have started a new crochet project even!

Last night we were just hanging out nothing out of the norm when Brad got a text from a friend asking if he was going to the Dethklok concert. He replied "no :(" and that was soon followed by a "I can get you on the list." Well that was a hard decision. It was a concert that we joked about going to but it was too much money and never got around to getting a ticket. Its great to have a friend in powerful places.

She sent us a picture of the line up and that is when we decided that we needed to head out. This is was our first time going to the Showbox SODO and I will say that it isn't as good as the Showbox at the Market but it was fun see friends again. The first band that we saw there was absolutely horrible. I think that they were called All That Remains, or something like that. Brad and I were on the same page and we were bored. We went and looked at the merch booth..everything was too over priced..and then we decided we would go visit a friend that was outside. She runs that hotdog stand. That is where we got our dinner :) You know it wasn't a good band when you can't hear them outside the building while they are playing!

Once 9:30 came around it was time for the band that we had been waiting for to come on stage. They are a metal band called Dethklok for the show Metalocalypse. It isn't my favorite show but Brad loves it. I think that it is something more personal that he can relate to being a metal head back in the day. We wondered around the venue until we were able to find a spot where we could hear the music. We were behind the sound board so that I didn't get smashed. I think that every drunk wierdo talked to me there. Brad had to keep leaning over to me to see what they had said. It was kind of funny.


How this show worked is that the band was on stage playing the music but there were TVs everywhere that were playing the cartoon synced with the show, it was also playing behind the band. It was much cooler then what I can describe here. It was a lot of fun :)

This was a perfect way to spend a night. With our friends that work there we get to go to bunch of metal concerts. Brad is her one friend that benefits the most because of the similar interest in music.

No comments: