Sunday, July 29, 2012

Downtown Seattle..

There were a couple of places that Joel and I were wanting to check out down at Pikes but didn't want to fight all of the tourist. One of the places that we had to go to was Market Spice. They have the best selection of tea and spices that are at a very reasonable price. There is also a pasta place that I like to go to when I have the money. It was a good time there. Didn't have to really fight a million people.

While Joel was out here I really wanted to take him to our favorite movie place, Cinerama. They were playing the new Batman movie. It really wasn't something that I wanted to see but its all good. We got tickets for the first show but that gave us several hours before it was going to start. That gave us time to go get pizza at A-Pizza Mart..yummy cheap pizza. Then we walked up to visit Derek. He was on his lunch break. Joel was able to meet his funny dog, Alfred. He is a funny dog that wants to play but doesn't like to be touched. He is a hoot.

While we were up on First Hill, where Derek lives, we decided that we would head over to the Frye Art Museum. Great place to kill some time. The art that they display is interesting. From what I have seen the last couple of trips that I have been there, they do a lot of shows with paintings.


Brad and Joel in front of the Frye..


Outside of Cinerama..


Inside of the movie place they always have costumes from famous movies. Brad was excited about these two..Alien and the alien prop and Star Wars. (He is blocking one that he didn't really like.)


This is a sculpture that I see every time that I am down in the neighborhood but I'm always in a car so I can't stop and get my photo by it. It is a giant popsicle. It was too bright and I was getting washed out so sadly I am covering half of it. It is something hard to look at when it is a hot day.

This concludes my little brothers trip out here. Got to show him some new things that Seattle has to offer. I still don't think that I convinced him that he needs to move out here though :) It was a very good visit and I know that both of us are not looking forward to going back to work and real life. He is going to have to come out here again soon..

No comments: