Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Portland With Joel..

This week Joel has been out to visit. I love it when he comes out, we all have a blast when he is here. One thing that I planned to go and do while he was out here was to go down to Portland to go to a friends wedding reception. Lets just say that was a epic fail and that we didn't make it to the reception but we didn't let that stop us from having a good time in Portland. We meet up with the Fishers and had a great time. They are in the middle of a move but they made the time to show us a good time. Love where they are going to be living. They are moving closer to the town and it is fun to just be able to walk to the little shops and water front. I think that every time that we go to Portland the weather isn't nice at all so this time around we were able to see a ton of stuff we didn't know existed. I forgot my camera so Kim was nice enough to let me borrow her phone to take a couple of photo of the guys.


Joel and Bradley..

The next day Kim and Brad helped us come up with some places to go see that were part of the "Portland experience." They didn't come with us but Drew and Kayla came and meet up with us to go on the adventure. First place that we went to when we were downtown was to Powells. It is a giant bookstore that has everything under the sun in it. There is room after room of books that expands on 4 different levels. I was luck enough to find this awesome little number.


It was a good find! If you know me at all you will know my love for philly cheesesteaks!!!

I had asked Joel if there was any places that he was wanting to go while we were down in Portland and he said that he was really wanting to go Voodoo Doughnut. We went there for the first time last year and I think that it is a place that everyone needs to go to at least once in their lives. Our timing was just right. We were about 30th in line and had to wait maybe 45 minutes. Not too bad. They have remodels the place a bunch since we have been there. Not so many bums and the area is nicer outside even though it is still next to a porn theater.


Just standing in line smelling all of the fresh doughnuts was a hard thing to do. Too yummy! Everyone had their phones out looking at the different types of doughnuts that they have to offer and this made it easier for us to order when we finally got inside. It was fun to stand outside waiting. I was driving everyone nuts taking photos but its all good. That is just who I am :)


Joel standing in line..


Drew, Kayla, and Bradley looking at the selection on their phones..


Libby and Joel waiting in line..


Bradley waiting in line. I thought that it was weird that they painted the walls outside with glitter.


Yummy doughnuts. Joel wanted to make sure that we got a photo with the voodoo doll doughnut..

 

Doughnuts..drool..


Bradley holding the magical pink box of doughnuts..


Walking to Saturdays Market. Bradley doesn't like the photo, he thinks he looks like a doughnut zombie..Kayla, Drew, and Bradley.

That is right..you can be jealous! 


I just had to put this photo in. Such a random shot of everyone. I was messing with my camera and this is the shot that I got. It really makes me laugh when I look at it. Now those three can make be mad at me for putting it up.

There has been one thing that I have been wanting to do since the first time that I have gone to Portland and that was to go to the rose garden. This trip was the lucky one that we were finally able to go and see it. The weather was nice and the flowers were in bloom. The rose garden is located in a park called Washington Park. This is also the same park that has the Portland Zoo and a bunch of other things. It is a place that you could spend hours in and still have more to see.


Friendly greeter of the rose garden..


Flowers are beautiful and in full bloom..

 

This place was HUGE. The photos don't really do it justice. I like the group shot of us. 
Bradley, Libby, and Joel..


The flowers smelt fantastic. I think that myself alone smelt a hundred different roses..I am always worried that I am going to sniff up a bug :)


Libby and Drew..

The Portland trip was such a success, minus the part where we missed the wedding reception. I am glad that Bradley knows the Fishers and that we have such awesome people to go and see in Portland. It is always so much fun to get away from our normal lives up here in Seattle for a day or two. Glad that we were also able to give Joel the full Portland experience.

No comments: