Joel and I outside the museum..
Joel and Brad..
How the museum was set up was on the first floor you were going through the process of immigrating to the USA with the immigrants.
Libby showing off a building..
Joel works at a pharmacy so we had to get one with the drug store..
Libby standing with different labels of canned salmon..
This would be Brad's job if he was around back then, that is a huge blade!
I loved that there was so many looms and hand made crafts in the museum. I have one of these at my mom's house in Utah, I just need to figure out how to put it together and get it up and running. These things amaze me!
Joel standing next to an Icelandic Costume..
Joel and Libby in the room with the costumes..
There were so many different artifacts here. This is a violin..
Libby and Joel by the troll chair..
Libby by another troll chair..
This was by far Brad's favorite part of the whole museum. It was a Lego exibit. The founder of Legos in Nordic so they proudly had this on the 3rd floor. Much of his childhood was playing with things like this.
Brad showing the ship off..
Detail shots of what he liked out of the exhibit..
Libby and Joel sitting next to some trolls. Kind of scary looking guys!
The next place that we went to once we were done with the Nordic Museum and still in Ballard was go over to the Chittenden Locks. I was not really sure what to expect out of this but it turned out to be a pretty awesome place. I didn't even really understand what it did until I was actually there and was able to see it all work. All I knew was that it had something to do with fish.
Libby and Joel standing in the park before the locks..
Part of the bridge and dock that had to do with the dock..
Joel and Brad by an awesome sculpture..
Libby standing by the dam..
Here I am standing by the fishes..they are climbing the ladder.
Anyone hungry for a salmon dinner?
Brad looking at the fishes..
Joel not being impressed with me..
Joel and Brad standing by the window that lets you see how the ladder works..
Joel, Brad, and Libby outside the fish viewing area..
Looking down at the fish. Every once in a while one would jump out of the water..
At the park there was a garden. This bush was the most interesting thing there :)
Joel, Libby, and Bradley sitting at Golden Gardens.
Joel and Brad at Discover Park..
What a day! We went and did a ton of stuff. The weather was very nice and we had to take full advantage of it :) While we were at Discovery Park we stopped by the military cemetery that we had seen the first time that we had gone there. It was a very interesting place. It had an east coast feel to it. I'm glad that we finally made it back to check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment