This week I don't really have any photos from what we have done but we defiantly have made time to play. Sunday was my work's summer party. I didn't make it to the one that happened last year so this year I made sure that Brad and I both showed up for at least an hour. They had it at Green Lake in a picnic area. We stayed for a little over an hour. There is only so much "fun" you can have with the people that you work with. Spending so much time with people it feels like you fall into the same old conversations over and over. There was a lot of baby talk and sports talk going on. Two things that I really don't have any passion for. Brad and I decided that once we were done at the party that we would go walk around Green Lake. That was far more fun to go and people/dog watch. It was a good Sunday activity.
On Monday I had a big meeting down in Auburn. I have never been to that Sam's Club before and it was interesting to see it. I think that it is so weird to see other building layouts. It is funny how you become so used to your own that when you do go in another building it just seems so odd. It made for a quick work day out of the norm.
When I was done with work, I went and meet up with Brad at another one of his art show openings. This was at the Hutch Cancer Center in downtown Seattle. Every year the Hutch will go and choose out pieces from the BFA show that didn't sell and will display them for a year in their main building. It is great exposer for the artist and a place to store the art :) The building was amazing..Brad took me to the top floor to their roof's look out. The view was amazing! You got to look over Lake Union in the direction of Gas Works. It was awesome to see it from the other side.
Once this opening was over with we went to a concert that we have had ticket to for a very long time. One of Brad's favorite groups is Iron Maiden and this has been on his list forever of groups that he needed to go see. They put on an amazing show! With every song that they sang they changed the back ground on the stage. You can totally tell that they had been in the entertainment business for a very long time. This is another signer that still has his voice. Man that guy can sing and hold a not for a very long time. Brad also pointed out that the bass that we had gotten him a couple of years ago was the same one that the Iron Maiden bass player played. This guy is Brad's idol. When Bradley learned to play the bass he learned to play without a pick just like him. To this day Bradley still doesn't use a pick. It was awesome to let Brad have the experience of seeing these legions.
Brad was very bummed that we didn't have enough money to buy a t-shirt but when he saw that prices of them he didn't feel so bad. I have a little bit of cash on me and because we didn't have to pay for parking I felt like we needed to get something from the concert. In my head I have a picture of my "perfect" house and how I want it to look. One thing that I want to have is a kick ass music room. We have band posters and stuff that we have collected over the years that are going to be displayed. It will look pretty rad. One of the things that they had for sale was Iron Maiden flags. I told Brad that I wanted to get one. He looked at me like a I was crazy and asked if I was serious. When we got in line I told him that he had to choose which one that he wanted. The decision took him less then two seconds to make.
Won't that look pretty bad ass in a music room?
The concert has been the high light of our week. I don't think that I will ever go to that venue again though. Traffic was awful and took us about 3 hours to drive home. How the place is set up is that it pretty much had to bottle neck it until you could reach the freeway. We both agreed that it is going to have to be a freakin amazing concert to get us to go back. It was worth it for this one though :)
Last night was First Thursday. I meet up with Brad in Pioneer Square as soon as I got off of work. He had hit most of the galleries before I got there but he knew what ones had the good art in them and took me back to see. That was fine with me because I would have just about an hour to walk around to see. There was some interesting stuff in the Foster White Gallery. I think that is my favorite one that we went to. Once we had walked through all the galleries that we were going to go through we headed over to the International District and got dinner at a Korean BBQ place. Yummy!!!
Don't really have any photos from the past week except for the ones that Bradley might have on his phone. Our timing is never right for me to get them from him. Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:
I wondered what you and Brad thought of the concert. Tom and I had a great time -- we even saw Spence (sold out show and he is sitting in the same section that we did -- go figure). I don't mean to brag or anything, but it only took us a few minutes to get out of the venue. You should move back here so we can enjoy the concert experience together...LOL
Ebay always has concert stuff. Maybe Brad can find a shirt that way.
I love reading your posts. I usually read from my iPad and for some reason, I can't ever leave a comment. I'm thinking about you all the same, though! :)
Post a Comment